Problems Introverts Understand; As Told by Parks and Rec

Group projects. You know you will hate every minute.

Problems introverts understand as told by Parks and Rec

When someone is talking to you and you don't know how to end the conversation.

But finally they leave you alone.

When someone invites you invites you somewhere and you have excuses to politely say no.

Strangers making small talk with you in public

Being dragged to parties by your friends. Thank god for alcohol.

Just don't drink too much.

People thinking you're lonely. And making you feel awkward for it.

Netflix will be your best friend and that's ok. And they would never cancel Game of Thrones

People mistaking your thinking face for resting bitch face or that you're in a bad mood.

when you finally get home after a long day of talking to people.

Being an introvert does not make you any less of a person. You are amazing.

Ginnyweasley97 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• nice take

• haha I love this

• Pretty much all of this is true for me

• Yess!!! Love this show xD

Ron Swanson explained perfectly how I feel in this scene.
    static.fjcdn.com/.../...ription_fc6ceb_3838927.jpg

@EmpatheticLady you would like this post :P

• Most extraverts think everyone should be like them

• I know right? I just got told by an extrovert to go myself and I told them to fuck off

• So how can I make friends? am ass at small talk o yea and now I got like..3 new friends I speak too n all my old friends left me.

• You are not in any way obligated to make friends just cause society says so. Three is fine

• You're welcome and good lick. If you like books there are plenty of Facebook book groups you can join.

• I have way too many online friends looking for ones i can met often. I did love reading manga

• How do I know if I am one or not?

• Introverts tend to feel tired just from doing a lot of socializing, tend to have a few close friends, enjoy one on one conversation, tend to be bad at small talk but good at deep, philosophical debates. There are a ton of online quizzes and tests you can do to see.

• Yes they are called ambiverts

• I'll have to look into it, I would really like to know if I am one or not.
      I enjoy socializing but one on one or a few people but not a whole group, also not into being the center of attention.

• Why don't ya try to cure yer introvertiness isntead?

Introvert or not... ya know how to use those silly memes though eh?

Anyway... I honestly believe it's not attractive for a chick to be an introvert... she's gonna have less chances wid other dudes...

• Yeah well that's your preference and you don't need to let the world know about it. Why don't you extroverts try to cure yourselves? Since 99.9% of extroverts are fucking obnoxious. I don't need to be cured we would not have the computer since Steve Wozniak was a huge introvert and we would never know Van Goghs painting and art since he two was a huge introvert. I really don't care if a guy is not interested because I am an introvert it's not like I need him and you won't find me following him like a puppy.

• i can relate to most of these points lol

• My mother played amateur psychiatrist with me the whole time I was growing up, diagnosing me with all kinds of syndromes and disorders to explain why I wasn't more social. To a great extent I simply didn't need it. Doesn't mean I don't care about people, I'm just averse to drama when so much of it seems unnecessary.

• My parents did the same. I spent so much time in my room, mostly reading they took the door off the hinges. I really hated that and it was a total invasion of privacy. On the bright side, they thought I was a genius because I would read four-five books at the same time and not get them mixed up and then they saw how bad I am at math.

• I felt like the only way I could have a life of my own was in secret. Started doing things. Not illegal things (I even imposed a curfew on myself to avoid triggering them), but there was that one time the FBI called the house because of me.

I got involved on a political discussion forum in high school. Saw someone make a (detailed) bomb threat against the Canadian Prime Minister. I reported it. My parents found out I was talking on these boards in the first place when an agent called the house to follow up on it.

Looking back on it years later I freely acknowledge I can't have been the easiest kid to raise. Still, there are a lot of things they did that I would want to do differently.

• Don't even joke about them cancelling Game of Thrones...

I can relate. Especially strangers in public talking to me. I talk back because I don't want to be rude and make them think that you can't talk to others in public so I just put up with it. But boy I would love to be able to sit in a park on a nice beautiful sunny day and not have someone come up to me to tell me how nice it is. Yes I know how nice it is here I'm right freaking here...

• I don't know the show but so true

• All true :-P

• hahaha, true as hell xD

What Girls Said 5