How To Deal With A Bad Day

So, yesterday was a really bad day. It totally sucked. here. I was just in one of those moods where I felt bleh. I was even questioning all of my life’s decisions…. Yeah it was one of those days...

But if you're wondering how I'm feeling today. Don’t worry. Yesterday is over, and today's a great day. I usually block everyone out when I having a sucky day. This time I used this bad day to learn more about myself. My only hope is that I can pass a little something positive out of it along to you.

How to deal with a bad day

1. Realize that you’re JUST having a bad day.

This is a common mistake people do. You need to realize and accept that that you're having a bad day. I don’t know about you but sometimes I can easily NOT realize this, and that can often make a day go from bad to worse. Remind yourself that it’s only 24 hours--or less. It's only a bad day, you can get through it. You WILL get through it.

2. Don’t let a bad day turn into a bad week.

Quick reminder: It's just a bad day! I don't know about you, but I rather have a bad day than a bad week. We all have these moments of self doubt. Try to be positive about it instead of making it worse. You just need to keep reminding yourself that the way you’re feeling isn’t going to last forever. It most likely isn’t even going to last until tomorrow. Focus getting over it and getting through it and do whatever it takes to keep it from rolling over into tomorrow.

3. Meditate.

When you’re having a bad day or in a bad mood, meditation is the best medicine. It's important to address the reason you might be having a bad day. Make time to go somewhere alone to sit quietly and meditate. You can also try doing other things to distract yourself from having negative thoughts. For me, listening to music works. For you it might be writing in a journal, deep breathing, or even going for a walk.

4. Write down the things you’re thankful for.

This is a good habit to have and it's good for the soul. I consider this a very important thing to do on a bad day and it can also really help put some things into perspective.

5. Exercise/go out.

Exercise automatically alleviates stress and sadness and it can also totally help you re-set everything. Also, you can try going out for a walk or go out to have tea with your friends. Sometimes we just to feel loved and with company and that's what good friends are for.

Quick reminder: Never stop smiling! :)

I just hope this helps some of you who might be going through a bad day/rough week!

Are you having a bad day? How do you deal with bad days?

Clarisa_ is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 10

• OR
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    media0.giphy.com/media/jmg6goPWvr15K/200w.gif
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Let it all out.

• But how do you fix it when your bad day has turned into a bad year, and the existential crisis that was caused from realizing that you have been dead inside for years, feeling nothing, and wishing that there was someone or something to make it all go away, but instead you only found more endless pointlessness. Where you feel like there isn't really a point in being alive. You would never kill yourself, but not because you have a reason to live, just that you don't have a reason to die.

How do you fix that?

• I solve the problem that causes bad days.

• ignoring

• drugs and alcohol. duh

• Those days are aso important, we change when they happen, and that's good most of the times.

• i would say punch something... always helps with a bad day

• Nice take - Unfortunately I had a bit of a crash and burn on the mental health front about a week and a half ago - I had a really bad five days of feeling really low and not helping the cause by being permanently drunk except the times I passed out - I am a bit low on the physical/mental/side at the moment but going back to your take it makes a lot of sense - I am lucky I work from home and it was an holiday period so I was able to keep on top of my work.
    Always during the five days I knew there was a time element, that I would come out the other side. I was drinking heavily but I made sure I ate, I was gambling heavily but had a line in my head that once I had lost that I would stop. As you said after the five days I came out of it plus the body was beginning to creak from the drinking but I had forgotten how long the recovery takes - I thought I would be right in a couple of days, bit of sleep but now a week later I am still working towards having a bad day. That said I will get there eventually maybe in another week.
    Meditate and mindfulness - I am the bane of many a therapist and yoga teacher, I love physical yoga but meditation no. Clearing your mind is the scariest thing in the world to me, I am afraid to stop thinking.
    Writing stuff down, I must get back into that maybe interact more on GaG. Get my energy back and start training again.
    Thoughts after writing this opinion I am a work in progress but getting there
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f3f8db5a62.jpg
    media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/.../...ca6bc9f1b64e.jpg
    quoteseverlasting.com/.../...Japanese-Proverbs.jpg

• fap :D :) haha

What Girls Said 7

• So you think your day was bad?
    I had a week from hell.
    With a near death experience included
    I'll trade you any time.
    Don't worry things are way better I'm doing great now.

• i enjoyed this post

• There's bad days when you can just listen to REM and try to cheer yourself up, and days when you just wanna hit the bed and dive into obliviousness... not write what you're thankful for, unless you wanna go for the "it could have been worse" philosophy.

• thanks for taking the time to write this, i feel like it'll really help me. i tend to be a very negative person and when I'm having a bad day, I constantly make it worse by filling my mind with negative thoughts and self pity. I start thinking about all the other bad things that are happening to me or bad things that have happened in the past. im so busy surrounding myself with negativity, I often forget to remind myself of the good things that are happening and the things that I'm thankful for.
    Today was a bad day for me and reading this has helped. it's reminded me that it's just a bad day, not a bad life. tomorrow's a fresh start.
    so thank you! 😊

• The way to get over it is to look how it would look in the big picture as usual and ask is it so bad after all.

• I had a bad day myself, not that long ago...

It was all tears and snot lol -__-' :D

And I was questioning myself too. Everything, actually... Until I realzed that I have to work with what I have. The past is the past and I couldn't have reacted to the things that happened to me any other way, because I was different then. I can only do better from now on.