7 Reasons You Need to Go Camping This Summer

#Camping

I must admit that camping is a relatively new experience for me. Growing up, my family never went camping and I never considered myself an "outdoorsy" sort of girl. It was only when I met my boyfriend 5 years ago that I experienced camping for the first time in my life, and fell in love with it. Now it is one experience that we look forward to each Summer. Here are reasons why you need to go camping this summer:

1. Reconnect with Nature

Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better – Albert Einstein

When is the last time that you found yourself lost in the beauty of the wilderness? Camping gives you the opportunity to slow down and take in the sights, sounds, and smells that mother nature has to offer. You might just find a better understanding of yourself.

2. Escape the City (and the Citiots)

Tried of the daily grind? Need a break from the office? Camping is a great way to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and day-to-day life. The traffic, the noise, and the pollution all seem a million miles away when you're out in nature.

3. Unplug and Reconnect With Each Other

Unfortunately we live in a day and age where technology seems to rule our lives. As a result, our quality face-to-face time with the ones we love inevitably suffers. Camping offers an opportunity to leave the cellphone (and other technology) at home and spend some quality time with your significant others and/or family.

4. Time to Relax

Looking for a little R&R? Although camping offers a variety of leisure activities such as swimming and fishing, you don't need to feel guilty for wanting to do nothing at all. Take a nap in your tent, lounge in a hammock, put your feet up in a lawn chair and read a book; its up to you!

5. Great Food

There is something very satisfying about preparing a meal over a campfire, and the food tastes nothing short of amazing. Even if you didn't catch any fish to fry, there are many tasty meal options to enjoy.

Need meal ideas? Check out 34 Things You Can Cook On A Camping Trip

6. Sleep Under the Stars

You haven't really seen the night sky until you've seen it in the wilderness, away from the light pollution of towns and cities. There is nothing more breathtaking than viewing the stars from the comfort of your sleeping bag. And with all that fresh air, you will surely sleep like a baby!

7. An Inexpensive Getaway

Looking for a getaway but can't afford an expensive vacation? After obtaining the basic necessities, such as a good tent and sleeping bags, camping is a relatively inexpensive getaway. The best part is that you will make memories that you will remember for years to come. To me, that is priceless.

What do you enjoy about camping? Share your experiences and ideas using #Camping

MandyRuth is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• Omg LOOOVE this so need to go camping soon
    It's been too long since I've spent a solid week in the middle if fucking nowhere living like a savage lol

• lol.
    "camping"

Come back to me when you have thru-hiked.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8465b2264d.jpg

• I would camp every weekend if I could get away with it. It is impossible to be in nature and be depressed. Nature is where God designed us to live, not in the city.

• I hate the outdoors, especially all the insects and humidity. No, my vacation will be in an air conditioned hotel and in the city.

• You definitely inspired me to go camping, think I should try :)

• Good ideas, nice Take :)

• You should ALWAYS go camping at least once a year, if not more. Camping is great, ESPECIALLY

• ... if you really rough it, which is sometimes what makes camping so great. You get to live the way people used to ages ago. If I could, I'd go camping quite a bit more frequently than I do now.

• I love camping too, fortunately I live in the lake dstrict and its a paradise for campers, climbers, hikers, biking and outdoorsy things.

• Can't wait to go this year (we've already booked all our sites)... last year we had a site right next to the river so could just slide down the bank and jump in!

Picture 1 is stupid. DON'T walk barefoot! The sites and the roads around campgrounds tend to be sharp and pointy gravel, while the woods are filled with poison ivy, pine needles, and other bad things.

Number 5 - great food? Maybe for the first day or two. After that, you're reliant on less-perishable stuff unless you're planning to drive out of the park every few days to go to the supermarket and restock. How much do you love hotdogs and Kraft Dinner? Yeah.

I don't know about number 6, getting eaten alive by insects or facefucked by raccoons isn't fun. I'll stay in my tent at night.

Seven is iffy, too. Tent, sleeping bags, cooler, hotplate, clothing... then you have your consumables like bug spray, sunscreen, propane, bottled water. Oh, and you have to drive a long way in your car, and pay for your site.

• I wouldn't say its inexpensive (tent and gear does cost money) but all the things you can buy can be reused so I suppose in the long run it will save you money. Good take (I especially agree with the campfire cooking, it does seem to make everything taste better)

• "In God's wildness lies the hope of the world - the great fresh unblighted, unredeemed wilderness. The galling harness of civilization drops off, and wounds heal ere we are aware."

-John Muir

• I wish to find a group of friends to go camping with.

• Sleep under the stars is a big one for me. Or better yet, pick a weekend with a meteor shower.

That is what got me started camping.

Best is to find one with little or no moon, and to go to the deep dark far from cities.

This is good for finding darkness: http://darksitefinder.com/maps/world.html

And here is a starter: www.skyandtelescope.com/.../

• I love camping and the outdoors, but the rest of my family doesn't like it. It's been way too long since I got to go camping as a child. But since I don't know anyone who is willing to go and I have no equiptment I don't know if I'll ever get to go camping again. I liked the natural scenery, quiet, and making s'mores!

• I just got back from camping. It was awesome though we could not shower and I got stabbed by a cactus.

What Girls Said 10

• I enjoy camping, but I cannot stand my family. EVERY time we go camping, my mom yells at my sister and I for absolutely no reason at all. When I move out, I want to go camping by myself. That way I can choose the duration of the trip, the time I leave the house, and the time I leave the forest.

The idea of camping, currently, has been ruined for me. My family makes it the worse experience possible.

• Or I could just walk outside, hear all the rich people cringe from the gunshots down the hill, and be reminded that wifi is nice and if I want to see something beautiful and reconnect with nature, I'll walk outside again lol

• Camping? In 105-115 degree weather? No thanks.

• I love camping sooo much, It's so much fun <3

• Haha I am reading this while camping! Love it and I always go a few times each year. I've eaten so much fooooood! Lol

• i love camping! <3
    my fav part is definitely when the night arrives and u hear the animals, see the sky.. its so awesome, there's nothing better than nature

nice take! :)

• it's all nice and relaxing until you sweat to death, get ants/sand in your food and realise you have nothing to do

• Miss my little nature hideouts.

• I just got back from a weekend of Camping!! It's the best and I recommend it!!😄

• Camping is so much fun 😊. It's great if you've been feeling overwhelmed with work or school too.