5 Ways to Spot a Catfish🐈🐠

Catfish...many of us might have came across one or might have spotted a few online

its like you see the picture of that person that looks like a model; you're like : "damn :o so flawless and perfect...this can't be real " ....(maybe its not real :p )...Those catfish have as main aim to scam people to get into "relationship" 💑 or money 💸 !...

5 ways to spot a catfish🐈🐠

How to identify catfish?

1. Use Google image search📷✔️

It's simple...go to google image ➡️ upload the pic➡️ and tadaaa🎉 *moment of truth*

Have a look at the video below for better understanding :p

2. Saying 'NO' to skype✔️ 🙅

A catfish will always refuse to Skype with you (that's fishy...or cat-f-i-s-h-y😂😂)because........you'll find out duh :p

3. Refusing to meet🙅

Catfish will look for lame reasons to not meet...they'll prefer to keep things online.

4. All about them pics📷❌

If you notice that the pics are blurred OR taken at weird angle each time OR filters/editing is used...then...you might be catfished.

5. It's all about the money💰

You are being asked for a certain amount of money (mostly high) by someone you've known online for a day or two.......are you serious? --_--''

#Keepyoureyesopen

GAGers do you know anyone that has been catfished before?? or have you been catfished?

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 21

• 1. Their photo is of a physically flawless and probably air-brushed supermodel.
    2. This photo "happens" to be all over instagram by a totally different username.
    3. The owner of said photo messages you saying, "hey, I am totally down for some non-serious casual fun: just visit my website at richwesterngulliblepiggybank. ng "

• 4. They spin you a sob-story about how they need to travel halfway across the world to meet you and escape their abusive husband, they just need ₦450000 to do so.
      5. They proceed to ask your bank account details.

• I don't Skype unless you're family. But I've never pretended to be someone I'm not. So it's worked out just fine for me.

Except on Whisper. On Whisper, I change my identity almost every day. :p

• one thing is for sure, I do not post my face on the internet. I might consider posting my body on a PM or alternative method however I doubt on the wall. unfortunately the truth is, I cannot Skype due to work policy, but I have sent pictures via alternatives before. I must honestly say, I am not the most handsome, and the last time I posted it was roasted so I do not post, and I do not believe in catfishing, then I rather do not post.

• yeah but why are those guys? Girls do that too

• #1 only works if they got the pic from the internet.

• Lol. I am so tired of girls thinking I'm not real.

It has meanwhile happened so many times that girls online (on apps especially) thought I am a catfish.

Two girls I matched with on Tinder had proposed meeting up with me and I agreed but as I was waiting at the meeting spots none of them showed up.
    I therefore texted them and they suddenly were like:

" I don't meat anyone I'm not sure of whether he is real ! " all of a sudden...

I was like
    "What the actual f*ck? I could have spent the 2 hours I've spent waiting for nothing to study, you shouldn't have even given me your phone number if you seriously think a sound minded person makes the effort to create a fake profile "

• 1. My images are not googleable. I don't have Facebook or any social media account.

2. I don't FaceTime or Skype anyone. Not even my own family. Why would I Skype with a stranger I met over the Internet? That would completely destroy my purpose of being anonymous here because you can see me move and hear my voice.

3. I have met someone on this site in person because we live in the same neighborhood. Some adult on here told me I shouldn't tell people where I live. The name of a city or a town is enough information to cover about someone. It's dangerous.

4. My pictures are taken from an angle to avoid showing my whole face. I haven't done this, but I would blur my pictures to avoid being recognized. I'm gonna put up a new, blurred, pro pic to piss you all off more lmao 😂

5. Never in my life have I begged for money.

So according to this myTake, I'm probably a catfish 😭 This is a good take for online dating though.

• lol on my old account i had a message "who's that guy in your pic" bitch took awhile to come across.

• You know you can just right click and click search image on google lol.
    Saying no to skype? what is he trying to date you or get noodz? what girl would allow that xd

• Are the Editors and Gurus on here sexist females or what. All the photos are of men. Most catfish are women trying to steal your money with photos of models.

• I love when people think I'm a cat-fish I enjoy the shock value heh heh heh >:)

• I got catfished. Their mistake was using a pornstar's pictures (clothed). I responded addressing them by the pornstar's name and was blocked moment later. I lol'd.

• Lol I've been accused of catfishing on here. I always take physique shots in sort of weird but rather artsy angles and use filters lol. Never heard of the money part though.

• Lol cat fish will Skype with you. Just lol if you aren't aware.

• The thing is though, it always makes me wonder-- what happens if someone was catfishing using someone else's facebook photos? I know that facebook makes it so people's photos (once taken and copied) are non google reverse searchable.

I mean, they still wouldn't be able to Skype or get any specific pics (i. e. spoon in right hand, bowl on head, whatever), but they would certainly have a myriad of photos to choose from amongst a generous photo taker. I bet one could easily act like they didn't want to Skype out of protection of privacy or because they didn't like it.

It just makes me wonder how many people are doing this on GAG at this very moment 😱

• Refusing to meet? LOL, some people live on some other continent, you just can't meet them that easy.

• i am on linux, there is no Skype here...

• of course there is Skype for linux. most distributions base on one of the big ones and for almost all of them it should be available. so unless you use something very niche it should be no problem.

• @Yumix im currently on ubuntu which came from debian. it is widely used. im going to see to go to qubes os or open bsd in the future. or maybe gentoo.

• @this_is_my_username thought that I was a catfish but I proved her wrong! Haha!

• @This_is_my_username, haha! I forgot about the gay dude hitting on me at Lennox! Haha! Once again, your memory is impeccable!

I wasn't lookin my best either! I was hot, sweaty, and gross after walking around the city. Lol. We should've taken pics like you said!

• @BeerFarts lol!! I couldn't forget about it. No you can go and brag that you're like a de symbol in Vancouver. For both sexes! Lol

Oh no you looked fantastic. I know the feeling though it was so hot that day. Lol we were so close aimed with talking with one a oher we forgot. Next time I'm gonna hold you to it bud!!!

• then you get the religious hunters who call everyone a cat fish who asks a question on this site someone asked if they should get a dress some girl was wearing and like 5 people called them a catfish an the person even said in the description it wasn't even them xD

• *facepalms*

• also assume any "gamer girl" openly saying she is a gamer is a liar or a catfish.
      True Gamer girls dont admit they are female for attention they could care less.

• that's a good point!

• I've been told I was cute but I looked like catfish... Even though it really is me lol. I keep telling them I can prove it's me, but then they get all awkward and embarassed. Dont know why?

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 22

• I love gradeAunderA's how to spot a catfish. XD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LagwG7bieEA

Hahaha, do you think I am a dogfish and why? :-P

• 29d

nah! :p you're a cute doggie with a little bird on the head

• 28d

Sorry for the spacings in the link, cos I am not allowed to post links until I reach level 2.

• 27d

its ok i'll check later

• And then there are people like consultant who are 100% physically who they say but everything else is a lie. You just can't trust people anymore. I plan on leaving gag soon before I lose my faith in humanity.

• Nobody I meet online is real until I've skyped with them. ^-^

• yupp. just made me remember about that show i love it

• My sister was catfished, poor girl :-( I felt so bad for her. Some asshole in the army decided to use another guys account and pretend to like my sister. When we emailed him back, he didn't know who my sister was. She was crying so bad that day, I didn't know how to comfort her.

• Lol, that first picture gave me a laugh :'D
    I bet that's what some of the pink users actually look like

• I don't Skype because I'm camera shy. And they usually ask before even considering if my hair or whatever else is even in place.

• how can a person get tricked into a relationship. i mean they'd see the person and know it isn't really them. or do you mean online relationship? or just hoping they fall in love and won't care they are a 50 year old guy instead of a 21 year old woman?

• Number 2 doesn't have to be an evidence, for several reasons: 1. Some people use different type of operating system (incompatible with Skype); 2. Some people are too shy, and don't like the sound of their voice on the Skype; 3. Allegedly, Skype gives personal user data to other companies without any legal obligation to do so; 4. Skype messages are not completely encrypted, Microsoft can read them, furthermore, Skype actively scans links sent in what were advertised as "private chats"; 5. Some users are also very paranoid, and believe that their government is spying on them through Skype.

• its mostly about people getting in relationships.. am not saying you should go and give your Skype to everynone

• I know, lol :)

• I agree with all of them except 2 and 3... I don't give out my Skype to just anyone and I'm not here to meet people either unless they live really close

• Sorry but I disagree with 2 and 3 (in relation to this site because that is the only place I've experience cat fishing).

My picture is of myself. 2 and 3 imply to me that only catfishes do it. I do not let anyone online try and Skype, lol, WhatsApp or whatever with me. I do not want to meet you. I do not want to show my face? The reason? It's not because I'm cat fishing, it's likely I haven't put make up on, busy, eating, having a fat day, in bed, or something else. I am not in the mood to show my face to a stranger to prove I am who I say I am. And really, does it matter if someone wants to show an alternative image? I mean, I doubt you are a cartoon green woman. Do I need to Skype with you to confirm that?

• Exactly what I thought

• ok ok chill out

• I'm not uncalm? Don't know why you keep telling me to chill? I'm not being aggressive, forceful or emotional? Just stating a fact?

• Scary place online, I am glad that I had met my husband before I reconnected online. I am only hoping that my kids are wise.

• I just don't like skyping. It's always awkward.

• I'm been accused of catfishing a lot of times. It's really funny. I never do catfishing though, i just don't feel voice and video calling people i just met. I need to feel comfortable with them first (maybe after a couple of months.) lol.

• I don't Skype with people I don't know, but I'm not a catfish lol.

• I don't use Skype. Everyone who has ever asked if I'm on Skype are pervs. I wouldn't meet up with anyone online, and I'm not a catfish. I think people who don't post a pic of themselves at all are more likely to be catfish. I don't trust anyone who doesn't show a pic of themsves.

• that awkward moment a guy from okcupid used pictures of pewdiepie, and when I mentioned that to him he insisted it's really him

• I still miss @Sandplanet. Best. Catfish. Ever. Lol until she started getting all weird and incesty.

• Also look up their phone number, email or user name (sometimes they use the same for other accounts) and see who it really is! That show catfish is like Private Investigating 101 lol. Facebook and Instagram can also be a good search tool to see if maybe even their friends and followers all fake too. People are cray cray!

Nice take 👍🏻👍🏻

• More from Girls
    2