How My Summer Has Gone So Far

I've had 17 summers in my life and for as long as I can remember (back to about 13 years ago), this was the most uneventful and negative summer.

June:

School ended and then I had my birthday. That's it. Went out for walks every now and then but that's all. It's bogus!

July:

Also, did nothing. Went for walks, ate a lot, watched a lot of movies. I didn't even know when it was July 4th cause we didn't do anything. Then my boyfriend broke up with me.

August:

I had court for my father. This was by far the most "interesting" thing so far.

He took a plea bargain and pleaded guilty to 2nd degree assault. He got off with probation and anger management.

Besides that, I just got accepted a job at Food Lion (a grocery store), for a 10$ an hour job as a cashier. Yay me! I get 10$ an hour as a cashier

Besides this, I haven't even gone swimming yet! It's terrible.

I go back to school the 30th.

What have you all done this summer?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

By the way everyone, if you've got a summer tale to tell, it'd be great if you did a myTake on it. :)

Sorry about the Ex and your Dad. My biggest event so Far is getting a second job but in 9 days I get to see these guys: https://youtu.be/CD-E-LDc384

Surgery in early summer and a lot of conflict with friends the rest of it... But at least I didn't have to deal with family members having to be in court for assault.

Hopefully, whomeve he assaulted had it coming!

I don't think you know this but he abused me. I was testifying against him

Oh sorry, that must be traumatic to have to testify against your own father!!! IF he got off without jail time, it must not have been too serious, though?

It was either a trial with jury (which means they say if he's guilty or innocent)
      and if he's guilty he wouldve gotten 15 years in jail

I didn't want to do any trial and i didn't wanna deal wiht him anymore so he took a plea bargain

i've been working all summer,
    I hope your next year is better

Lol that doesn't so bad to be honest with you. Still better than my summer.

Wow. I wish that salary would also apply in our country. :(

May: Nothing
    June: Nothing
    July: Nothing
    First half of August: Nothing

Nothing.
    Absolutely._.
    I can't even get a job despite me tirelessly trying :(

Worked and not had time to see any of my friends or family. But my job finishes in a few weeks yay freedom!

I'm sorry your boyfriend broke up with you :(
    Are you feeling okay after your father's court?
    Good job getting a job! Haha, see what I did there? :P

I haven't done anything really. Just been busy with school all this time.

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through a tough summer, Jade. :( I hope things will look up soon, and that you can get into a pool at least once. xD But at least an honest job -- grocery store or not -- is always something, especially at 17! :)

Also, +1 for the picture of "Recess" haha! I loved that show. ^_^

That's a long long long list of things
    Better discussed over a chat

o shit i think im officially an old person. i didn't even remember summer was a break time.

June: Concluded a very good school year. Said a fond farewell to my students. Fought several valiant battles to stay awake during end of the year teaching workshops.

July: Went to my first Dodgers game. I've lived all my life in Los Angeles, well, except for my two years in Texas, and I've never been to a Dodgers game. I saw a TON of fireworks on the days leading up to Independence Day, but ironically no fireworks on independence day. Went to Disneyland/California Adventure to see my colleague perform there. Found out my friend's friend has a crush on me (and I'm very flattered). Took my mother with dementia to the doctors about a jillion times. Got into an argument with my idiot brother about handling the plumbing repairs to my mother's house. Tutored a student to prepare him for TOFL.

August: Tutored a very bright, thoughtful, and respectful student in geometry. Our conversations about applications of geometry, life, and philosophy have been very engaging. Will go to my second Dodgers game tomorrow, went to beach party with die hard Kings fans, watched the sunset into the Pacific while drinking Cuba libres, swam in the ocean with my niece and nephew, in two weeks, I go to Alaska!

It's been a good summer. Dare I say a great one.

May your future summers be warm, filled with joy and love, and unending, sweethomocidalqueen.

Ever since I graduated from Columbia College with my Associates Degree, I've been going into work every day and have been relaxing on the weekends. I've been all over our area with me behind the wheel of a vehicle because I'm also trying to get my driver's license. I'm going to try and get insurance, a big hunk of junk, and a girl before I turn 22. I'm going to be 21 in November and I'm running out of time. But, Jesus has me under His Wings and I'm putting all 100% trust in Him.

My summer has been pretty good. Still living with my parents and I don't want much more. But with the peanuts I'm earning at my job, I'm not moving out yet.

Took summer classes. I had a beach house during July while taking my summer courses. Had friends over a lot.. did a lot of surfing. Smash a couple of sloots. Muha. Recently took off to phucket, thailand but only stayed a couple of days. I think I slept for about 4-5 hours the whole time I was there ahah. We would literally stay out all night then take a nap during the day and repeat. Now I move to university this Saturday.. summer is ending boyos. It's been a pretty nice summer.

June - At the edge of tomorrow , looking at the past. After transferring to a new faculty in university I met up with the guys from ye olde college , life went on as usual for some , some left school to pursue a career in the culinary arts , some switched their goals in life , some started doing construction work and some went back home to live with their parents. Youth , a million choices branches out before you like a river delta , each went their separate paths.
    http://i.imgur.com/luX4ni3.jpg

July - As expected the law finally caught up with me. For some... hooliganism on the highway. The back of a cop car , a lot smaller than you imagine.
    http://i.imgur.com/0VmmDPV.jpg
    After getting my bike back I applied my first skull to the bike.
    The first mark.
    http://i.imgur.com/AHuci71.jpg

August - The hooliganism continues
    http://i.imgur.com/5AXiHb1.png
    Once my finals are over I plan to do a 1200km road trip around the province. Adventure awaits.
    http://i.imgur.com/JcHKPUL.jpg

What Girls Said 5

Turned 24, lost my virginity, went to a couple bonfires, went to a wedding and bachelorette party.

Worked.

Happy for you that you got a job and that your dad was punished at least a little. Sorry about your bf!! Nosy but why'd he break up?

Play video games, watching movie, go to the beach, festivals, concerts, restaurants, amusement park, go to the mountain, visit some museum and go shopping.

I set up a company

I went back to school yesterday...