8 Awe-Inspiring Videos of Predatory Animals in Action

Disclaimer; These videos are of predatory animals doing what they are supposed to do; hunting and killing prey. If you do not want to see that then do not read this Take.

There is something beautiful about the wilderness and its denizens. It makes me feel in awe of the world. It makes me realize just how small I am. This extends to the Predators of the Natural world. Even watching the kind of footage of Animals killing one another. It should inspire awe in you and I to realize that if it wasn't for our tech, we wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the food chain and this gives me a sort of spiritual feeling. So here are some of the most awe inspiring videos of predatory animals in action.

Mountain Lion Kills Deer in Colorado

In the forests of the Rocky Mountains unless you have a gun you are not the most dangerous animal in the forest.

African Fish Eagle taking a fish out of the water

These animals are some of the most graceful of the birds of prey and you can see why.

A Leopard kills a Warthog and drags it up a tree

Leopards know that they are only the third most dangerous predator and that the Lion and Hyena will gladly take their kill. So they drag it up a tree so they can get rest and then eat in peace.

Roadrunner kills Rattlesnake

One of the Roadrunner's natural prey happens to be the dangerous Rattlesnake.

A pack of Grey Wolves bring down an Elk

I've seen wolves in Yellowstone in person but I didn't see them kill anything then.

Great White Shark leaping out of the water to kill a seal off the coast of the state I live in

We New Englanders often forget but the waters off of our coasts are home to the most dangerous fish in the ocean.

Jaguar Kills Crocodile

Just because you are a member of a group of predatory animals that survived the K-T Extinction doesn't mean you are safe.

Alligator eats a Fish

The only thing more dangerous that's native to the southeastern swamps would be the Seminole Tribe and after the Seminole Wars they no longer stalk the swamps and now run casinos. (Not being racist, the Seminole Tribe actually does run a series of Casinos through which they have successfully used the income to make the lives of their members easier and give them more options. )

In conclusion, when I look at the natural world and the creatures it houses I feel a sort of spiritual fulfillment. The natural world is wild and vicious yet beautiful at the same time.

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 7

• 13d

These are fascinating videos.

• 13d

Good my take. Nature is a powerful and informative thing.

• 13d

If it gives you meaning then follow it. I personally eat deer and have shot them in the head when necessary but I don't like a slow death. It always felt like they were begging for death once I looked them in the eyes. Mind you this was never my first shot.

• 2d

tthats cool

• 13d

Used to watch stuff like this all the time back in high school; Animal Planet was my favorite channel.

• 13d

This is cool!

• 13d

I hate it when the shark flips the poor seal about, I'm more inclined to side with the mammal. :/ When my sister and I were kids, we'd watch a lot of wildlife documentaries set in Africa, we knew about Okavango delta and the Serengeti and big parks in Kenya and so on. And when the animals weren't making cute little cubs... they were killing :/ the cute little babies turned into teenagers who were presented a younger animal, and they then toyed with the baby gazelle until it died or ran away (which my sister and I secretly loved) Nature, super brutal :/ but not so bad as people and our "civilized" societies.

What Guys Said 12

• 12d

Wow, that jaguar was pretty amazing.

• 13d

This video honestly saddened me not because it is nature doing what nature does, but rather because it reminded me of how many awesome species of animals are going extinct and/or being driven from their historic ranges because of us. Take the Asiatic Lion for example. Its historic range included the Middle East, Asia, and even Southern Europe. Fast forward today and the only place it exists is in the Gir Forest National Park in India. Such a shame. Same with Polar Bears, Grizzlies, Siberian Tigers, Elephants etc. Our planet is losing its biodiversity - the one thing that truly used to make it interesting, that last bit of awe. And it is because of our own greed and mindless consumerism.

• 13d

"Seminole" means runaway, because the Seminole tribe was formed by runaway slaves and Indians who ran away from their tribes. The Seminoles in Florida are the only tribe that was never defeated by the US government. At FSU's Doak Campbell Stadium, there is a statue of a Seminole warrior that is entitled "Unconquered."

• 13d

The Seminoles were really Hardcore.
      While other tribes relied on deer and buffalo, they relied on the Alligator

• 13d

Yes, and I am proud that my alma mater never appropriated the name of that tribe without its blessing and consent.

• 13d

unrelated funny story,
      My Dad went to Washington State University in Pullman,
      Well, their Mascot is the Cougars, but when my dad attended they kept an Actual Cougar in like some sort of habitat that they would bring out at games.
      They actually had to shut down campus when it had a vet appointment cause if it got loose it could kill someone

• 13d

The roadrunner killing the rattlesnake was badass! :-D

• 13d

That's actually a fairly normal thing.
      Roadrunners go out of their way to hunt rattlesnakes

• 13d

Nice, wonderful videos.

• 11d

cool vids!! check this one out... tigers are pretty vicious

http://youtu.be/etz9jx1zvz0

• 13d

This is fucking awesome!

• 13d

Awesome take! The shark is my favorite.

• 13d

Getting to see nature at work truly is amazing. I'm lucky working in as remote an area as I do, I get to see things very few people ever will.

• 13d

Its a benefit to living in North America
      You just can't find things like that in Europe.
      I've seen things like that as well out west

• 13d

Oh yeah, I've seen some of those. I love hunt videos

• 13d

Nature is a powerful thing. It always bothers me when people watch these and route for one animal or another. It is nature and it's course however unsettling to you is absolute

• 13d

That great white video is off the coast of Cape Cod as well

• 13d

Yea that's why I camp on the north shore... Too many sharks and even worse tourists down there😂
      True story I once was at Salisbury beach when there was a sporting but t wasn't a big one I think

• 13d

I once saw an eagle prey on a bird.