Miss Jamaica was not robbed of the Miss Universe title

I'm going to start off by saying I'm going to try and make this as unbiased as possible. ok now...

Miss Universe certainly displayed a plethora of beautiful women from all over the world. Obviously people are always going to disagree, we all have different beauty standards, that is natural. Now, Miss Jamaica was stunning. She caught my eye and I kept her in the back of my mind, as I believed she was deserving of making it to the Top 5. But I thought Paulina Vega had some undoubtedly beautiful characterisitcs. In fact I was shocked at her beauty, because although I like to support my country (yes, I am Colombian), I try to remain impartial and not get my hopes up during things like this so I tried to focus on other contestants as well.

As the night went on I was happy to see Miss Colombia and Miss Jamaica make it to the top 5. And I was rather upset when Miss Jamaica was placed at 5th. I do believe she at least deserved to be first runner up. And if she didn't make it further because of her short hair, that is complete crap. I saw pictures of her with long hair, and I actually liked it better short. She worked that Halle Berry-esque pixie cut so damn well. As for her answers, I thought they were one of the better answers. I thought she answered very well, could have been better, but under those conditions she did the best she could. But I did believe that Miss Colombia answered better, just slightly. I just thought it was slightly more developed.

With all that being said, say whatever you want about you thinking that I am being biased. I guess I am offended that people are saying Kaci Fennell was "robbed" of the title by Paulina Vega because i believe Miss Colombia was just as beautiful and just slightly more deserving because of the question-answer portion. That is my reasoning. Not because I am Colombian, her winning just makes me proud. But I would have been just as happy for Miss Jamaica to have won if I believed her answers were better, honestly. Opinions?

Miss Jamaica was not robbed of the Miss Universe title.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• Part of her problem was the haircut... she just didn't look as feminine as a woman with long hair.

• I'd take Columbia over Jamaica anyday.

• This Miss Universe, miss whatever the city is called, is just plain bullshit, today I saw plenty of more attractive girls than those, and without makeup.
    I don't follow this programs but the winners that I've seen, have never been outstanding, yes, pretty, but nothing you don't see every day.

• I thought the 1950's was over. We still have these "beauty contests" and people still care enough to watch and then write a take. Mind Blown.

• my opinion is:miss colombia is beautiful, but miss jamaica is ugly.

• Miss Jamaica is hardly "ugly," but yeah, Miss Colombia is smokin hot, with her classic sexy looks and long hair.

• All those downvotes for your opinion.

This site favors sheep so hardcore

• Miss Columbia is really gorgeous, I thought she was a good winner, although it was the rare year where Miss USA was actually the most attractive to me in my opinion (Brazil didn't make top 10 which is almost always my favorite.) Miss Jamaica I was extremely surprised to see in the top 5, and thought getting 5th was more than generous to her because yes, of her short hair. It did not look good, I was even saying during the show she was like a much less attractive Halle Berry. It is one thing if Halle had been there, and even she looks a bit better with long hair, but Miss Jamaica I didn't find attractive whatsoever, and was surprised she made it that high, along with Miss Ukraine who I thought shouldn't of made it that high. The top 2 were good choices, and either of them good of won, but Miss Jamaica was higher then she should of gotten, that style of hair is not something that most guys like, and it very rarely looks good, sometimes it can be "pulled off" but that shouldn't be what someone goes for, to just pull off their look barely, but to really look good, in those competitions

• Colombia was hotter, so she should win.

• There are so many factors on which they're chosen, not just looks.

• I wanted the U. S.

• I think when people are judging a Ms. Universe its important that the winner embody femininity
    Long hair is associated with femininity and therefor by having short hair she was at a disadvantage!

Congrats to all those beautiful ladies though, they were all truly stunning!

• If her hair was the issue they would not have picked her from the beginning to be in the top 15 out of 88 women.

• I am not saying its the reason why she lost...
      i said it put her at a disadvantage...

• It didn't put her at a disadvantage either. Femininity has more to do with the female body as a whole.

• Just purely on looks the Colombian one was better looking to me

• Miss Jamaica needs a sandwhich

• If she need a sandwich then all of them do because plenty of the other girls were maller with ribs showing

• I agree with who won.

• Pagents are a joke. They're a bunch of sluts spewing bullshit out of their mouth wearing skimpy. All these pagents doing p*rn is not a surprise

• i can't say I'm a huge fan of pageants but its not just about looks. the contestants often do a lot of volunteer and charity work, and have special talents and some are intelligent.

What Girls Said 22

• both of them look pretty tbh

• i dont disagree, i thought they were both beautiful! which is why my only reasoning is because i thought miss colombia answered the questions just slightly better than everyone else.

• They're mainly white girls anyway. Not surprisingly they're all beautiful too.

• they look like twins

• Miss Jamaica is much more interesting to look at

• I'm not judging the people that watch this kinda stuff but to me beauty pageants are superficial and can be mentality unhealthy for some people. That's just my opinion on this take.

• Does anybody still give a SHIT about these things?

• miss Jamaica is ugly.

• Everyone in the pageant are beautiful. They all have their own unique qualities and beauty.

• I just think that the judges based their winner/runner up decisions only on attractiveness. A lot of the runner-up order did not make sense and these judges really didn't seem to know what they were doing.

• I didn't watch it but the winner is beautiful!

• who the HELL ACTUALLY CARES? people still watch these things?

• Miss Jamaica has distinct beauty which I love much more, she's way prettier in my opinion. While Miss Columbia just has typical looks. Both women are gorgeous though

• I think the Colombia woman is prettier.
    I think I must be either not in the correct country, totally disinterested, or far too busy to watch this kinda TV.

Quite honestly I don't really pay attention to these sort of competitions. They are nice to watch when there's nothing else on and drunk or something and be like "oh please, if you gave me a year and shitloads of money, I'd be that good too!" (while swigging wine).

Risk of the cliche, everyone is pretty in their own way. Most people don't, won't and can't look like the models because we're too busy going to work/being ill/being tired/having the wrong body shape. These sort of shows are good motivation to go gyming and dieting (hence why on the same times of year) but, they can be equally damaging because people fixate.

• The whole thing is based on like 6 judges ideas of the perfect woman. The rest is just bullshit they use to fill time. I do however thing miss Jamaica is completely beautiful, to me miss Columbia is MEH

• The woman who won is more conventionally beautiful so I'm not surprised.
    Miss Jamacia in my opinion though has way more character to her looks and to me, that is more beautiful.

• The fact that anyone can be robbed in this "competition" is kind of... not surprising. It's shallow. Based on a panel of bias judges. What do you expect. Miss Universe does not reflect the views of the public. If a white girl won, people would think it was unjustice. The fact that a black girl didn't win, is also unjustice. You can't please anyone damn.

• Miss Columbia seemed really well put together and her answers were by far better than any of the other contestants, and this is coming from someone who's country was first runner up. (US!) She deserved it. And even if she didn't, who cares?

• Both of them are attractive

• I'm so sick and tired of the same type of women winning these silly competitions every year. I don't really bother to watch them. Besides, what does miss universe do anyway, aside from look cute and say a bunch of scripted bs? The real Miss Universe are the pretty ladies who don't need a pound of makeup, holding down a career and still looking good while doing it if you ask me. Female politicians, business women and executives. When do you ever see these girls again?

• She is without a doubt with a more beautiful face and I didn't see the competition, but I googled her just now. Her short hair does work against her. She looks so much better with long hair without a doubt.
    But hair should not be this much of a factor. She should have won. =/

• More from Girls
    2