Type A personalities should ONLY date type A personalities. For me anyway.

Gosh this picture makes me mad for some reason.

I have had my fair share of relationships and friendships with type B's. I find them extremely irritating. Therefore, I do not believe in A personalities dating B personalities. Because to be honest, type B personalities are extremely irritating.

I cannot stand their nonchalance about everything, I can't stand people who are not task-orietated, I cannot stand people who are lazy and procrastinate, I cannot stand people that are extremely lazy, I cannot stand people who are laid back.

With type A's I don't believe that they should go for "opposites".

I had type B friends before... worst ever decision in my life in which I have gladly gotten rid of them. They are the types that don't RSVP to me when I specifically asked them (and underlined, and bolded and italicized it) to do so. They are the types that always come late, don't give a crap about time, are never motivated.

I don't have any business dating someone like this. You Type B's should be dating your own kind.

There are several things you should consider before dating a type A like myself.

1) I am always time conscious

Never, EVER be late. I respected you and came 5 minutes early. You should do the same.

2) Type A's are extremely active

We cannot stand staying at home and watching a DVD and eating pizza. We would rather be hiking, bushwalking, going out. We are not lazy.

3) You should always have a plan for your future

Because we aren't going to be carrying your a**. You're unemployed? I am sorry! I am not running a soup kitchen around here nor am I a bank . I would be kicking your butts to the curb. Type A's are extremely motivated and work hard.

4) We love making lists

I suggest you do the same. Nothing gets me higher and makes me feel amazing than crossing off one thing that I have done. This is a great motivator too.

5) For the love of the flying spaghetti monster- RSVP!!!

6) Communicate

You have a mouth, you have a brain .. COMMUNICATE. I can't stand people who think don't know what the hell they want! I don't have time for this.

Last time I checked, RSVPing isn't a branch of rocket science. I respected you enough to invite you, DON'T ignore it if you know what is good for you.

I would love to date another type A- yes, we will fight at first but I will respect you and rule the land with you.

Here is a psych test to check whether you are a type A or B. I got 340 out of 380. A definite type A :)

http://www.psych.uncc.edu/pagoolka/TypeAB.html

Starfishlover is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 15

• Most type A women I know want type A men.

• Range of scores 35 - 380: got 166, which is lower than 172.5, so Type B)

I don't like being late more than a specific range of time, but that doesn't mean I'll be early. I try to be on time, and preferably be there +-5 minutes. I can still be late, I don't really care.

Also, I'm a chronic procrastinator, and that'll never really change, I'm pretty sure I'm Type B) :D

And yes, Type A) s would hate me. I don't keep lists. Hell, I'm surprised I even have a budget. It's mostly out of necessity, really. Most things I do are out of necessity.

• The type A personality belongs to the truly superior people in this world. My natural emotional inclinations hold me back, but I fully intend to do whatever it takes to become a true type A. Do you have any knowledge of where type A's could be commonly found? I do know that a person tends to take on the traits of those they "hang around" with the most. I assume it has something to do with mirror neurons. If one befriends a number of type A's and frequently is around them, one should find it easier to become a type A themselves. A type A social network would be a rather good idea, but I digress.
    The type A's are destined to rule this world, the others are destined to be but petty servants in the true order of the land.

• I guess there are people in between, but fair take.

You sound like a very active person, good stuff!

Could you help me pls? There's a type of friend I am totally confused about:
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1370383-is-this-flirty-female-friend-into-me-am-i-into-her-why-do-i

• Yeah and we don't like you either. You take everything way too seriously and no one likes you!

• Got 250, in reality I think I'm in the middle though. I have a little bit of both.

• "A"s fit "A"s, "B"s fit "B"s, but the couple who is able to represent both ends of the spectrum will have a very fruitful and meaningful life, that's what I feel.

I'm predominantly A but many days I just want to be a B. And being with a B has given me some of my childhood back, tbh.

• Ok. I get it now, I think. So, what you're basically saying, as I take this last sip of Budweiser, is that your basic A chicks are your highstrung bitches and your Bs are your mellow babes.

Cool. Works for me.

Who's down for a DVD and pizza?

This guy! ;-)

• Aaaaand you have now been rported

• This human zoology comes from a theory that humans basically follow the same laws as a pride of lions, or wolves, where there is a selected alpha female and a selected alpha male. This is simply a theory and has no little to no evidence to support it. For in every case where you can find a supposed type A leader in mankind, you can also find a supposed type B. What this demonstrates is that humans are neither cats, nor dogs.

You can find an Alexander the Great, but you can also find a Mahatma Gandi. This should never happen if type A and type B had any sociological/anthropological merit in humans at all. This never happens in lion prides and wolf packs. It happens all the time in humans.

The hypothesis of type A and type B in human beings is a proven mythology. There are higher laws at work in humans. Laws that inter into the super-conscious, moral, and judicial realm.

And I can almost wager that those who would be quickest to deny such, would also be quickest to assume the Alpha.

• Just always remember, when it comes to one who believes that are an alpha human, if you don't neutralize them, they'll neutralize you. This false dialectic between an Alpha and a Beta is the most passive aggressive form of ego and character assassination possible. It is meant to neuter anyone but themselves.

So, just remember: it is war and a matter of life and death. Because they sure don't mind assassinating you in order that they may live.

This war is found in the grounds in which it waged. It wasn't waged by brawn or by firepower, but by psychological neutering of your very personhood and ego.

KILL THEM, as they would gladly kill you. Show them no mercy, for this breed of dog knows none.

• Type A would help type B in being more active, and type B would help type A calm the fuck down. There is no point in being in a relationship if no one gains anything

• I got 232. Is that type A or B?

• I got 200. I think I can settle with anybody :D middle ground works best.

I enjoyed reading.

• 267 guess I'm not active enough yet, can't wait for summer so busy with school and work

• 256. So A type.

• I dislike the test, most of the choices given were not what I would do. In my free time exercise is what I do but is not listed as an option, yet shopping is.

I do not act the same way every time. I adjust based on the situation. I naturally tend to lead, but if there is another person who desires to lead a group project then I have no problem being a team player. 240 out of 380

• This explains why you're so attractive to me...

• HAHAHAH.. oh really?

• Yes, but I only got a 280 score... And I'd rather not be irritating because you have a higher Type A score...

• It is true that sometimes the B types are annoying to work with professionally.

What Girls Said 6

• Not all Type A/Bs are as described. People are different with many traits. I actually like the "laid back" attitude in many guys because it's stress free--if you know that you have no control over a situation, why are you going to get ulcers over it?

• Yeah people are different. Surprise!
    You might think that type b people are lazy, etc. Type b people think people like you are so stuck up and have no sense of humor or fun.

Personally, I'm in between.

Each has their own ways of dealing with things. Just stick with your own "types" if you want to, it's totally fine. What's NOT fine is you dissing the other personality type. So not cool.

• I just hate people that are lazy and don't put effort into the relationship and have no life goals

• I got somewhere in the middle..
    I like type B personality though. Although I definitely wouldn't want to work with them when it comes to projects, they're what makes things more fun and relaxing.

• I'm type A. If I dated another type A, they would just enable some of my high strung behavior. I've noticed from dating a type B that I've actually mellowed out and have learned to relax.

• I got 138.
    I'm a lazy fuck.