Eye Colours and What They Say about Your Personality

They say that the eyes are the windows to a person’s soul. Look into a person’s eyes and you know what they are feeling. The eyes of a person can be warm and bright (when they are happy) orcold (when they are angry) and we can know it all by just looking at them.

BLACK eyes - a lot of people mistake very dark brown eyes to be black. But in reality pure black eyes are very rare. This type of eye colour is associated with mystery, intuition and the night. People with this eye colour are seen as trustworthy and responsible. They are loyal, conscientious and practical. They give their best at whatever they are doing. They can be spiritual and passionate. They know how to show their worth to others.

The only person I know who had pure Black eyes was Prophet Muhammad (SalAllahu Alayhi Wasalam/ Peace Be Upon Him)

Eye colours and What they say about your personality....

Ben Barnes also has black eyes [I think]

Blue eyes
- people with this eye colour tend to be polite and calm. They can stay calm in stressful situations and this type of eye colour is considered pretty and attractive. This colour is seen as fresh and lively hence people with this eye are considered attractive and desirable. People with this eye colour are smart, kind, full of youth and life. They can be very energetic and when it comes to relationships they tend to have long -lasting one’s (not in everyone’s case but in most cases). They tend to make sure people around them are happy and are observant people. Most people with this eye colour are extroverted.

Brown eyes
- people with this eye colour are seen as trustworthy and responsible. They are seen as mysterious. This type of eye colour is seen as seductive and sexy. The darker the eyes the more appealing it is. Its the most common eye colour and because its a strong/rich colour it is often associated with Mother Earth hence qualities such as creativity, positivity and simplicity as well as confident are often found in people who have this eye colour. People with this eye colour are said to be independent, polite, caring and enjoy making new friends. They are always enthusiastic about trying new things in life. They can also be practical however when it comes to people they care about they can be impractical. They are usually happy-go-lucky people who aren’t very materialistic and some are close to nature. While they might be self confident and determined they can have a hard time expressing themselves to others. They are the type of people you turn to in times of need.

Green eyes
-people with green eyes are seen as strong. They have a love of nature, tend to be competitive. People with this eye colour are seen as mysterious and enigmatic. They are intelligent and very curious people, often are the first people who tend to take an interest in something new. They have an incredible zeal and zest for life and enjoy living life to the fullest. They are very passionate about things they llike and often can get jealous easily. They are people who are very compassionate and vibrant.

Grey eyes
is a dominant colour - as they say "life is not just black and white but different shades of grey” too. Those with this eye colour are strong and dominant. They are also wise and gentle which are some of the strong qualities they possess. People with this eye colour are those who put passion in whatever they do. The take love/romance seriously and are not casual type of people when it comes to relationships. They are creative, flexible in their attitude and imaginative (qualities of a leader).

Hazel eyes
are a mixture of brown and green eyes so this type of eye colour is very attractive and elegant. People with this eye colour are spontaneous, fun-loving and adventurous. They are brave and courageous who like diversity and can get bored of routine stuff. They enjoy trying new stuff and can be sensual but mischievous. They can also be very short-tempered.

A special thanks to @ApexAlpha who told me to write this take and gave the idea for it :)

4431

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually Hazel eyes contain color pigments from every color not just brown and green, that is why our eyes can change color like a chameleon depending on the environment we are in, as well as things like sunlight or even what we wear. Our eyes can change to all sorts of colors and hues, my own hazel eyes are blue, green with a little bit of brown in the green and gold.

• That's cool thanks. But I don't think brown eyes change colour tbh

• My eyes are hazel, they don't change color. Depending on what color I'm wearing it brings out different colors more than others. They go from muddy green brown to a golden caramel to bright green with a blue rim. All depends on what I have on. Orange, yellow, bright blue and melon colors being out the est colors on me.

• @SuperMommie13 as I said it doesn't always change the eye color, most of the time it changes the color hues, parts of the eye, it changes the eye depending on the light, what you are wearing and the environment as you know, hence why Hazel ares are the most unique in the way that no two hazel eyes are exactly alike.

Most Helpful Girl

• "spontaneous" - nope, I plan everything in advance. I don't take risks unless I fully assessed all possible outcomes.

"fun-loving" - Vague and can apply literally to everyone. Who doesn't like fun?

"adventurous" - Define adventurous. Too vague, can apply to any aspect of one's life. People can be adventurous in their hobbies, not so much in the bedroom and vice versa.

"brave and courageous" - Nope again. I don't take risks without thinking things through. Courage and bravery are often fuelled by stupidity. Also, brave and courageous is what aspect again? Job? Hobbies? Military? Relationships? People aren't always courageous in everything.

"like diversity" - I prefer things to be precise and comfortable. Change is a hassle, having to readjust how yourself on a regular basis can get annoying.

"get bored of routine stuff" - Vague and applies to everyone. People like familiarity, but everyone hates routine.

"trying new stuff" - Easily applied to every female in existence when it comes to clothes, shoes, bags and make up. Vague.

"can be sensual but mischievous" - Vague and applies to everyone, again.

"can also be very short-tempered" - I keep repeating myself on the vague and applying to everyone. "Can be x" is a very convenient wording that says it can be a from time to time occurrence without making a bold claim that such people are generally short-tempered.

All in all, the take is written in a horoscope manner, has literally no basis in reality and is only there to make people feel special and unique.
    What defines a human's personality is largely their parents/carers and the environment they grew up in. This is just fantasies of a wishful thinker.

Also, in your comments you mentioned there being a lot of research done on the matter, so I'm sure you can provide links to credible sources to support that claim. :)

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 30

• Ok, i am very fond of the topic about eyes as i LOVE them and it's the most important thing i care about in a girl. So I'm going to be generous and give you a little bit of my time to correct some of your misunderstanding and misconceptions about the eyes, especially since i know that you too share a similar love to eyes like i do, ArabianPrincess.

First of all, i do agree that the eyes are windows to the soul. In fact, i agree with almost everything that was mentioned in the first Quote. However, i disagree with everything else mentioning about the characteristics of those who have certain eye colors. It is what we go through in life and how we experience it and learn from it as individuals that decide what characteristics we will have, not having a certain eye color.

Yes you can tell a lot by looking at someones eyes, i confirm that as i personally read most people that i meet from their eyes and almost always know how they feel or what they conceal. It is people's characteristics that are reflected in their eyes, not their eye colors reflecting their characteristics. It is this what i wanted you to understand. You do not assume certain things about someone just because of their eye color. Rather, it is how their personality or emotions are reflected through their eyes as they are speaking, interacting, or just sitting quietly.

I hope i have helped you realize a thing or two.

by the way, may i ask what type of eyes are your favorite? personally, i like large eyes and certain other shapes, they snatch my heart away especially if i can easily read their emotions. I like all colors but my most favorite is large black.

• Lol no problem :) I got the information after several research but I do agree with you. After reading it I realised several characteristics listed in the other eye colour can be applied to me or other people too. So yeah I guess its not true to some extent.

I like all eyes. But large almond eyes are the best

• Green, blue, grey and black. Hazel is nice too

• So all of them hahaha xD

• Sounds like a load of bullshit.

• Great take, it may not be 100% correct, but that is usually correct, though GAGers could disagree, as they tend to call those things BS in which they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Infact face shapes and its features somehow reflect your personality.

• images.sodahead.com/.../...sstink-74204839322.jpeg

Well, that thing about blue eyes was right...

• Would someone with heterochromia have multiple personalities...

• This is black eyed gentleman 👀

• stopped at reading the title. how can random genetics factors determine your character? next thing you are going to do is shove "the truth of zodiac signs" in our lives... .

• I don't really believe this stuff anyway. Most people in the world have brown eyes but they're all quite different

• this is BS

• This is FREAKING AWESOME

• I have blue eyes. It was petty accurate except for the fact that I'm more on the introverted side.

Also, "people with this eye are considered attractive and desirable"- first time I've heard that one, it seems all girls find dark eyes much more attractive.

• It's just the color of your eyes, why overcomplicate stuff lol

• I have blue eyes yey!

• Prejudices, imo: eye color has no influence, shows nothing. FYI: mine, my familiy's eyes are all blue.

• So... to summarise most eye colours are seen as mysterious...

• this is so stupid. what does a genetic trait you are born with have to do with your personality? honestly only a muslim would come up with something like this.

• Let's see... I have grey eyes. Uh-huh, uh-huh. Yeap. That's correct about me EXCEEEPT for...

"The take love/romance seriously and are not casual type of people when it comes to relationships."

Which I am until now not interested in.

• I feel like this really applies to white people.
    Most other races like black, Asian, indian, etc have brown eyes. So, what's up with that?

• well thats a very interesting and probably accurate observation in many ways but i think body language has a telling element to somebodys make up!

• you forgot amber eyes

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 43

• omg that guy with black eyes is hot lol.

i dont even know if my eyes belong to this altogether :( they're classified as amber but theyre closest to hazel so ill go with that description. except i know I'm not short tempered haha!

this is cool, thanks! :)

• I have hazel eyes and agree. The weird thing is, my eyes have changed throughout my life. They used to be so dark that they looked black. They became chocolate brown around my pre-teen years. It wasn't until my late 20s that green was noticeable. My eyes change from brown to green to a mixture now. There will even be a honey color thrown in on occasion. I didn't know this could happen.

My oldest daughter has blue eyes that occasionally look grey. My oldest son has hazel eyes. My younger two children have brown eyes.

• I read once that sometimes your eye colour can change depending on your emotions but for some people their eye colour changes during early childhood. Interesting! :)

• Mine foes change depending on my emotions, clothing, etc. Babies eye color does change. All of my kids were born with dark blue eyes. Mine has changed throughout my life. I'm not sure why.

• I just googled it and it says that 10-15% of the Caucasian population have eyes that change colors throughout life as they age.

• All of these descriptions are so vague that they apply to literally everyone and anyone to some extent. That's why I hate these "What your ___ says about you"

• That's the point, they're so vague so they do fit almost everyone. So people are like wow you know me when in reality nearly everyone likes to think of themselves as the things described.

• These pictures didn't match the colors though...

And this stuff isn't true.

People's characteristics can be the exact opposite as their supposed to be.

I don't think this stuff is true.

• According to this, my eyes are black, blue, brown, green, grey, and hazel. :)

• Oh yes the old trick astrology likes to play

• The darker the eye the more attractive... I beg to differ.

My eyes aren't black they're dark brown and I would kill to have the lighter color that the girl has that you used as the example.

• I have blue eyes!

• Eh... I evidentially have blue eyes and am not considered very attractive and I don't stay calm in stressful situations... I have anxiety attacks, I am not observant, and I am a ambivert not an extrovert

• The girls that have the brown eyes and the hazel ones are stunning! I don't know if I'm green or hazel though!

• I dont think eue color defines the way you are

• What about blue /green eyes? And by the way the picture about brown eyes shows hazel /green eyes... Lol

• I have hazel eyes but mine have a spiral look to them.

• I always hate the brown eye ones because I feel like they're the least true

• I don't think so, I have some of the traits listed cause I have brown eyes

• Its not because you have brown eyes. You happen to have brown eyes and those traits. Honestly these things are vague as shit. Everyone with brown eyes could probably name at least 1 trait "brown eyes" people have. But I could also name one trait I have that someone with blue eyes has. If we got to pick and choose then yeah we could all find a trait.
      So the only way it really seems valid is if you had all the traits. And let's think most asain people have brown eyes, most black people have brown eyes, most Latinos have brown eyes, most native Americans have brown eyes. That's a large amount of the worlds races. So to think that most people in the world have 9/10 of these traits is ridiculous

• I have brown eyes... but so does almost every person living here!

• http://i.imgur.com/QxFabsg.jpg
    I'm blue-eyed. I love grey eyes, though.

• I have really dark brown eyes that look black. My outer iris part known as the limbus is dark gray or night blue (not sure what that color is, lol). When I cry a lot my eyes turn a really dark gray, so weird.

• I don't have demon's eyes but my colour is on the verge of black, so its black-brown. My personality represents black's traits more than brown. I find eye colour fascinating, of course it is not always accurate but its an exploratory subject.

• My grandmother has blue/green eyes. My mom has hazel eyes, and I have brown eyes. lol I guess you're right about the whole dominant colour thing

• Yeah brown is dominant in a lot of south Asians. But people from Afghanistan tend to have lighter coloured eyes

• My eyes are mixed. They have a ring of brown around the pupil and are a mix of blue, gray, and green everywhere else. While the eyes are windows to the soul, the color is completely pointless except for attraction.

• More from Girls
    23