Why are female ghosts so much scarier than male ghosts?

While I've seen a fair share of male ghosts (Casper, Slimer from Ghostbusters, Toshio from The Grudge), most of the female ghosts were TERRIFYING AS HELL.

The Ring, The Grudge, One Missed Call, hell, even the female ghosts from the 6th sense were creepy.

Yet for some reason, the male ghosts aren't really that scary to me. Come to think of it, most main antagonists who have been ghosts have mainly been female.

Quick, someone tell me THE most terrifying male ghost ever.

My vote goes to this guy:

Credit goes to @lumos for this question :3

Most Helpful Girl

• Females seem to have more psychic energy and "see" between worlds easier.

Male ghosts always seem to be lost and wandering around and female ghosts are out sending intense personal messages, it seems.

That being said, I've read a few creepy ghost stories with guy ghosts who were intense as hell...

• Oh, and I vote for various renditions of the headless horseman as scariest ghost dude.

• I never found headless horseman scary for some reason. If I ran into one in real life though, I'd probably be terrified. Double so if I ran into a female ghost, especially the ones depicted in movies.

What Girls Said 6

• 0|0
  • In the Grudge, there was that little boy who puked cats. He was quite creepy!
    I don't know why girls are creepier or why they use them the most, but it works!

• Toshio? I honestly didn't find him that scary, his mother though? Holy shit.

• Maybe because he was a harmless looking child and looked relatively normal and didn't really pop up everywhere making weird noises.

• Your right female ghosts are scary as fuck... like insidious...

• Because we are already dangerous. Don't need to be a ghost 👻

• because females always have that long drapey hair

• ooOooO

Think Fabio would make a scary ghost, what with his luxurious long hair?

• Haha so true

What Guys Said 11

• 0|1
    • That's... hm... that's a good one.

I don't know, he's a possessed DOLL though right? I mean, his SPIRIT resides in the doll, but once he is in the doll, does he technically count as a ghost anymore?

• That is because females are ruthless when they want to be... . even in death...
    Here are some real ghosts: www.bizarrebytes.com/.../#sthash.MsSq9ZCS.dpbs

• Femininity is identified with physical beauty and youth, and the image of a rotting corpse is a sharper contrast to that than it is with men.

• a pale lookin woman can look waaaaaaay creepier than a man... that's y

• They dont scare me I like them sexy Ghost

• Women are often attached to being emotional so most ghost stories use extremely powerful emotions to tether the dead to the Earth thus most ghost stories make sense with female specters versus male ones.

• I am scary damnit

• More likely to berate you.

• they want to get back at men

• because they are more malevolent

• people already know what men are capable of doing when alive, so when they die they become less scarey. Women on the other hand are sneaky and hide their true intentions so when they become a ghost you know things can only get worse as they no longer need to fear.