Why are British people so jealous of Americans?

I see English people always critizing Americans, but they can never accept their own faults. Can't they accept that Americans are better than them in every aspect?

Education: US has more and better Universities.
Money: US is much richer than the UK.
Housing: US has much cheaper and bigger houses than UK ever will.
Power: US is the most powerfull country in the world, they have the best Military, best Air Force, best Navy etc.
Legal system: US has much fairer legal system in sectors such as animal cruelty, robbery etc.
Healthcare: OK, this one goes to the British, i have to admit the UK has a superior healtcare system.

Most Helpful Guy

• 'US has more and better universities' - Opinion and practically B. S
    'Money' - US is much richer than the UK' - Yet in the UK the government can support people without jobs and we get free healthcare, were as in the US it's pretty easy to become homeless without a good job.
    'Housing' - Cheaper and bigger houses? Not quite. Both have good houses for their price, ranging from small to massive.
    'Power' - The US is the most powerful country, but it's military don't count for shit.
    'Legal system' - It's not fairer in every aspect, although I agree with the animal cruelty and robbery as you said. However, both have flaws and both have benefits.
    May I add that the UK is healthier too?
    The US has many states allowing a larger cultural diversity which is great.
    The UK has an average higher IQ.

Really, both have many benefits and it's preference. I personally prefer Britain but having been born and raised in America I have to say it has a 'home' feeling I can't replace. I'll likely move back when I can afford it.

• US DOES have better Uni's tough, UK only has Oxford and Cambridge, US has like 23 Uni's that are on par with those two. You have to be quite delusional to believe UK has good housing system. The average UK house is 800 square metres big, compared to 2500 square metres of the average US house, Uk houses are also MUCH more expensive, go and look at the prices and you'll see.

I don't know about your comment about Military, but the US is a more powerful country in every aspect in this sector, you can't argue. You forgot to mention that Britain can't control their teen population. The advantages you mentioned are not significant enough to make UK seen as a better country really.

• I see. Our situation is similar to yours bu we have a smaller house, just 2 bedrooms, fairly large, and one bathroom, so i think i have the right to be disappointed lol.

• Eh it's all perspective. When I move out, as long as I have a bed, fridge, shower and cooker it's good enough for me. Unless I'm absolutely ballin', then perhaps a mansion wouldn't hurt ;)

What Girls Said 6

• "US has more" well duh it's a much bigger country, you should try visiting one of them soon

"US has much fairer legal system in sectors such as animal cruelty" I beg to differ, have you looked at US animal cruelty law vs the EU ones? Just in terms of farm animals the US is substandard

"they have the best Military, best Air Force, best Navy " and in the UK policemen don't even wear guns, because they don't have to

• Like the law where Cat owners re not responsible for controlling their own cats? I see so many Cats wandering around like loose chickens and when they get run over by a car or get killed by their neighbors dog, they blame others.

• Cool story bro

• The Americans are not better than anyone, they just think they are.

• Yeah @levin what's up with that? ;)

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Americans..

Seriously, what a question.

• Because we have better teeth... :P Nah, jk. I'm pretty sure that most aren't jealous of us; heck, I'd love to be British myself.

What Guys Said 15

• The United States has a lot of power and money because we steal it and oppress people with the military. We don't really have a culture, just a big mental illness disguised as one.

• Why do we need a culture?

• I never said we did but a lot of people think we do. I mean what Americans call "American culture" is really selfishness and megalomania kind of a god complex.

• "Why do we need a culture?" - Amazing comment.

• You're getting this from where exactly?

• I'd sure agree on the housing. We have a better healthcare system, though. www.cnn.com/.../index.html

And we don't get dragged out of homes at 2am raids because we posted a facebook or twitter commenting criticizing muslims or protected groups.

www.businessinsider.com/in-britain-police-arrest-twitter-and-facebook-users-if-they-make-anti-muslim-statements-2013-5

• I forgot to mention they have no control of the teenage population AT ALL.

• I didn't wanna bite on the troll bait but anyways, I can proudly admit that the UK is crap but at least it's not as bad as America.

• I think most people think there own country is best

• We're Tsunderes, it's a cultural thing that people don't seem to understand.
    38.media.tumblr.com/.../...41vpo9SU1qg4fgs_500.gif

• not all bro...

• It's all better in America until the police shoots you 1000 times.

• Ooooooh let the war begin !
    *Buys popcorn and pepsi*

• Troll or not, I wouldn't be surprised if the American education system taught these 'facts'. Oh you also forgot freedom, America is the only country with freedom.

• They are facts, i have been living in UK for seven years so i know what i am on about.

• We got Captain America. nuff said :D

• Jealous ain't the word for it.

Education: Actually British Universities, although (as you should expect that it has less universities and schools since the UK is smaller) tend to be much better.

The USA is ranked behind Sweden as having the worst education in the western world According to the PISA polling for internatonal world education. The education system has been lagging for years www.huffingtonpost.com/.../...g-beh_n_1695516.html and academically, the USA doesn't have the best universities, the UK has more per head top tier universities than the USA however the USA does have it's share.

Money: The US is in 19 trillion dollar debt, The US is literally hanging of a cliff by its fingernails and is approaching full economic collapse. The USA is leading the world with the most negative billions which is a first for a country. The US relies on other countries being willing to sink a minimum of 3% of their GDP into USA treasury in order to maintain the dollar. Many countries are now fed up with the USA unsustainable spending and are moving away from the dollar.

When debt approaches the 21 to 22 trillion dollar mark (which is inevitable considering Obama seems to have upped spending to 4 trillion plus a year now). A Downgrade is compulsory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YeEEHOYzlU

Housing: US housing IS cheaper... however, US houses are made from much cheaper resoureces. Brick compared to the materials used for US houses allows a cheaper place but at a quality cost.

Power: The US does have a lot of power, inheriting from the UK during the collapse due to world war 2. Their special forces however aren't better than the UK's, the UK special forces may be smaller but is still strides higher than the US's, But lets not forget that US debt. The US will soon have no choice but to be funding the whole chinese military on virtue of repayments.

• UK only has TWO top tier Uni's. US has 23, what are you talking about? maybe their educational system is lacking but in terms of prestige they still have it.

• I can honestly say I will never be jealous of a country were anyone can but a gun freely, talk to me when you sort that out. Also I can assure you no one over here is jealous of you, actually we have a very low opinion of Americans due to the gun control, racism and religious zealots to name only a few things

• Sorry but i'd rather live in the UK than the US, you guys are nice and all, but feel the need to arm yourselves to the teeth, shoot first and ask later (especially shoot the unarmed blacks right?) and are still far too religious for my liking, oh and you cut baby boys foreskins off routinely which is barbaric and sick.

• British people are far better than america bro at least not shitty like america

• UK suffers from so called "superior complex" The British Empire has no value what ever anymore, but British people still seem to live in the past.

• In future too no body likes scummy whites from america but seems to tend towards British more lol america sucks big times

• Exactly it's in the past, now it's time to move on.