Is this what the majority of other Americans enjoying watching on TV? Talk shows like Jerry Springer, Steve Wilkos Maury, etc?

I'm American myself and feel like the only one who feels disgusted of watching these shows (nothing but a waste of my time while they slowly decrease my intelligence). If that's that case, then Modern Day-America sure does have a shit taste of entertainment these days. Exploiting people's serious and personal problems through a talk show sure sounds fun to watch. All these TV shows are, are just a bunch of stupid trailer trash and ghetto hoodrat morons fighting over something that's more than likely their own fault.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I almost never hear people around say they enjoy those shows. I have heard people say that in other countries the US is stereotyped as enjoying Springer and Povich and that junk, but I have really never seen it. Even people around here that out-of-towners would call "rednecks" or "white trash" tend to watch the same usual stuff on Hulu or Netflix or HBO.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• These are just daytime shows for when you are sick on the couch and want dumb TV

• No, these shows are intended for educational purposes so that people from other countries will be able to observe average Americans.

• Yes specially jerry springer

• personally I HATE those shows

• Yes, this is part of the dumbing down of America. The Kardashians, the Duggars and bunch of other stupid fucking shows are helping the cause of ignorance!

• Yeah. Tabloid Talk Shows and Reality TV Shows are one of the things that really fucking annoys the shit out of me about my own country. Just a bunch of morons with undeserving mainstream media fame. Nothing but poor examples for the future generation.

• Yup!