Is being called Barbie as a nickname a bad thing?

I've been getting the nickname Barbie and I ask why they all say don't worry its in a good way. I don't really like it considering Barbies are Fake and plastic maybe it is meant to be an insult I don't know any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is probably meant affectionately but can have negative connotations. Just say you don't like it and why.

Most Helpful Girl

• From a physical aspect stand point, it's a compliment.
    Barbie's are very pretty and visually appealing.

I doubt someone is trying to dig deeper into the name and criticize you by calling you one.
    Yes, Barbie's are dumb and plastic.
    But usually people call a girl a Barbie as a compliment.

I don't think you should be offended.

What Guys Said 2

• Depends. Is your given name Barbara?

• I don't think it's a complament

What Girls Said 3

• it depends. it sounds like a bad thing, to me. but they might not mean it that way.

• I suppose it depends on who says it and how they say it. I'd probably take it as a compliment.

• True. I met a guy that his group of friends called one of the guys girlfriends "Barbie", few weeks later I realized theg called her like thay because she was not smart, too dumb to be real.