Are most of the European/American girls generally tall?

I have observed that they seem to be tall. Here generally European ethnic people who come as tourists are mostly about 5'9 especially women.
Lol it's intimidating at times because i am 5'8 guy and it's awkward when tall girls generally pass by while they stare.
So , are tall girls quite common in America and Europe?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I can only speak for Europe because I'm European. Generally, European girls (and guys) are pretty tall compared to people in other parts of the world, particularly Asia. However, there's also a difference whether you come from the south or the north. Generally, mediterranean people tend to be rather short (especially Italians and Greeks) and the more north you go, the taller they get. In Germany and Scandinavia, everyone's quite tall and the Netherlands is a special case. Dutch people are like... crazily tall. Maybe there's some natural selection happening there. All the Dutch guys I've met so far were around 1,90m-1,95m (around 6'4'' to 6'5''). I am from Switzerland (so central Europe) and I would say girls here have an average height. Most girls in my country are around 1,75m (5'7''-5'8''). So you see, for us this is not very special, it's just average. Most guys are between 1,77m-1,87m I would say (5'9''-6'3''). But there are also exceptions. I had a girl in high school in the grade below me and she was actually taller than I am. I'm 1,84m (around 6'2'') and she was an incredible 4 cm taller than me. Together with high heels, she was around 1,92 or so (6'4'') and that was a rather... strange feeling ;-).
    But I have to say that in general, being tall is quite fun. I was in Japan with my best friend last year and we're both kinda big guys (especially him). We're tall and he is also kind of chubby and muscular. So when we were standing in the crowded subway in Tokyo, it was much easier for us to claim our space. In fact, we could see over all the heads of the Japanese people ;-). The only thing that was a little scary was that we constantly had to watch out not to accidentally squash one of those cute, tiny Japanese girls ;-).

• Nice insight bruh especially the last part. Lol yeah east Asian girls are cute as barbie lol

What Girls Said 7

What Guys Said 15

• Not even close. The average height for American female is about 5'4 or 5'5. That same height applies to most countries in Europe with the exception of the Scandinavia. For men the average height is 5'9-5'10 in both America and majority of Europe.

The girls you noticed were anomalies who stood out to you more. I'm about the same height as you, and majority of the girls I run into on campus are much shorter then me.

• I guess? I am 6'3 and American and lived in Europe for a while, I think it is generally he same heights... though if I had to guess I would say Americans are a bit taller in general, likely from all the garbage we put in our food lol

anyway, I only ever date 5'7ish and up, I just like taller girls, it is a preference of mine and I have never had a problem finding a tall girl here or there...

• Yeah food factor does count. Last 100 years had proved that average height of Europeans have increasedby 2 cm

• We Americans tend to vary in size and shape seeing how we're not really specific to any one race lol.

The average height for us though is around 5'8-5'10 I'm around 5'9-5'10 personally.

• Depends on which part of the US and Europe. In the west coast of the US or in the south the women are very tall. But on the east coast or in the north of the US the women are average or short.
    As for Europe I know that the Germans are all very tall because my family comes from there. I also know the Swedish are naturally tall. I don't know about the rest.

• I have heard a lot of people talking of Scandinavian and dutch to be exceptionally tall.
      People are saying as you go north , you find them to be tall often and as you go south, they tend to go shorter like Greece.

• average female American height is 5'4

• They are fairly common in that you will see them out in the wild. They are still the exception, with average heights still being around 5'4".

• Average is still 5'4".

• I think Scandinavian women or those with Scandinavian ancestry are generally taller, I wouldn't say all Europeans/Americans.

• Ohh yeah... extreme northern European have healthy diet so they have very good height

• I read somewhere 5'6 is US average for women. 5'10 for men

• I believe Euro females are on average more tall, they seem to generally be more slim as well.

• Yes, on average. Wikipedia has a page with average height by country.

• Here I find some real tall girls, like I would like being 5cm taller to make up for them hotties here (it would also make me a easier target on the club cause most are like 1,80 or so)

• you are a terrible person

block me please

• They are just about the same, common.

• The tallest people in the world are the Dutch, men average 6' and women 5'-6.5".

Non-Hispanic white people in the USA are males 5' 10" average and women 5' 5".