Is 6'1"/1.85m tall for a guy?

I was measured at the hospital barefoot at 6'1". I am 18 this year and I'm done growing taller. Would you consider my height tall or at least a good height for a guy? I have heard that 6'1" is perfect but I don't believe that. I feel nowadays girls are attracted to 6'6"+ giants and basketball players only. Also, my brother is 6'4"/1.93m so I kinda feel short. Should I consider leg lengthening surgery? Small note: If you're taller than me, obviously you'll be more biased and consider it not tall. Also, basketball and Netherlands don't count.

• Yes
  • No
  • Average

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'9. Your short in the tall group for men. I'm tall in the short group for girls. Don't be self conscious about your height. You were meant to be that height because it is perfect for that special someone in the future. Who cares what others think. Be honored to have that height because some people wish they had your height.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I'm 6'3 and I still consider you tall.

DO NOT get leg lengthening surgery that will destroy your life for like a year being in surgeries constant pain and physical rehab and it'll cause problems later in life and you'll look ridiculous having legs that are not proportional to your torso or arms.

• actually they have surgeries that now lengthen your body in a proportional way, I want to get it done and be 5'11

What Girls Said 4

What Guys Said 8

• 6 feet is the magic number, over that is gravy. I don't think most girls are all that interested in dating giant, basketball-like dudes. I think girls kind of like it when they look good as a couple and not strange - as is the case with someone like Shak and whatever girl he puts on his arm.

• I know the statistics say 5'9 is average, but I think it's more like 5'7. And the only reason girls are so attracted to basketball players is because they balling out of their ass.

• You're taller, taller than average, but you're not gigantic like Shaq.

• how tall are you?

• Oh and yes most girls prefer tall guys, but only a few of them would prefer 6'5" and up. Most girls, at least the ones I know of, would feel more intimidated than turned on by a guy who's almost 7 feet tall.

• If shoes don't count, then I'm 5'11"

• it's a solid height. not that tall, but not short.

• dude im only 5'7, lucky you, yeah im thinking about getting surgery too so I can be 5'11 or 6 even

• I'm 6 feet (1.83 m) and I'm told I'm tall so you definitely are.

• Dude you're fine You're also above average I'm 5'11" N girls still love me

• would love to be your height dude, thinking about getting surgery to get that done

• 5'7, never really had that much with a problem with women, but i do have to admit that I have to work a lot harder than my taller friends. I would like to be above average or tall for once be able to walk into a club and have women immediately flock to you. I also want to be taller not really just for women but I would like to do it for myself as well

• "not much of". I mean I've managed to date taller women, but still I would just like to be tall for me, call it height dysphoria or dysmorphia if you want lol

• i would say that is average. i'm 17 an 6'3" and i consider myself just taller than average

• really? where do you live?

• What that means is that you live in an area/town where people are taller than average.

• hmm, the more you know. that actually makes a bit of sense