Were you spanked as a kid?

I was spanked once--and it was only one little smack on the butt. I was throwing some type of tantrum and my dad whacked my butt. I jumped away from him in surprise--it looked so funny that it made my brother laugh. I think it startled both me and my dad. He didn't try to spank me again.

What are your spanking stories?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• During my very early years, it was either with the hands or belt. My father was the administer at it while my mother did nothing. She wasn't into that type of thing.

The most stupidest ever my father used a belt and another time where he tried to but I ran and locked myself in the bathroom:

- I was in 2nd grade: Using a belt on me for not getting the correct answer on the 3rd time he was trying to ''help'' me with a math assignment and I was stucked on the same problem. Not only would it get him frustrated and anger but he would then strike me with that belt in anger. I would be terrified of giving out the wrong answer but I seriously wanted to learn without fear.

When I was in 5th grade he tried to use the belt on me for not learning how to use a remote control on the 3rd explanation (by then I haven't gotten spaked for since I was 7/8 years old) but I ran to the bathroom and locked myself. I was upset with him the next day and didn't want to speak with him. My mother had to get us to make peace.

• I think that must be part of the reason that now even though I grew up to be better at math, a whole lot better than my father LOL... I don't like it and find that subject boring.

Also, now as an adult I'm AGAINST that form of discipline. There are other ways to get your points across of discipline a child if she/he were to misbehave without hitting them into submission.

What Guys Said 29

• spanked? i wish... i got that ass WHOOPED... both at school AND at home...
    "See pain sends a message that words can't convey..."-Eddie Griffin
    I've got more ass whooping stories that many people... i wasn't the best kid lol... and mind are funny because my mom was a sadist... just LOVED delivering the beating...

• Me - NEVER. And well I would never spank my daughter except playfully followed by loads of kisses <3 :D

• I've caught some serious beatings during my time as a kid haha. My brother and I laugh at the dumb things we did as kids. We deserved every single one and glad my parents did as it made of better people.

• No never, my mum was hit when she was young thus doesn't believe in it at all. My dad is just extremely gentle (only when play fighting there would be no exceptions xD ). Although at around 15 we got into a little serious fight where he pushed me and I punched him, I was very angry at the time, first time this ever happened.

• yup yup. My parents took me back to slavery times with each whooping
    uppitynegronetwork.files.wordpress.com/.../black-parenting-1.gif

• I was beat with a switch and a belt. and when I dropped out of high school at 1 . My dad told me if I dont get my high school diploma.

First time my dad ever threaten me.

Usually my whooping came from a mom or aunt.

We gonna be put side street fighting.

Long story short I got that damn diploma and went to college lol

• No my parents weren't like that

Although my father used to yell at us every day so I guess it didn't matter after all. It's a perfect recipe to give everyone else in the household low self-esteem with 100% success rate. Thanks dad!

• Girls rarely get smacked hard by their parents, guys often do. I was smacked a few times, I'm was a boy I did things that people dont like. I guess it makes for a smack kr kick on the butt

• Yes I was and I turned out great. I am glad I was spanked I had it coming

• Yeah, I was an unruly little trouble maker. Not only was I spanked but I was whipped with the belt, coat hanger, TV antenna... you name it. My parents had every right to beat my ass :)

• I was a pretty big trouble maker when I was little, especially like 1st grade and before so I deserved a lot that I got. I can remember one time me and my brother were in my neighbors driveway, throwing rocks and concrette at his garage door. We got some pretty good bare-ass spankings from that. spankings stoped after I was like 5 or 6 I think.

• Lmaoo that's wierdest story ever and hell no lol altho my mom run don't hesitate before throwing slaps lol

• Never spanked but hit with just about everything my dad could find. Cloth hanger, pipe, baseball bat, etc.

• Yup whenever I did something that warranted it and to be honest with you I am glad he did it.

• Not seriously, bit I was smacked a couple of times when I was misbehaving, and I think I'm now a better person because of it

• Nope. I got lashes from a belt on the butt as a punishment from doing stupid things.

• Spanked. Beaten. Physically and Emotionally abused. Turned out pretty fine, outside of mad fantasies in my head of watching the world burn to hell.

• I was. And if I was really bad it was "wait until your father gets home".

• Spanked? More like hit. More than once. Much more.

• I was never spanked. I think parents should not spank their children. This is 2016.

• Yes a few times

• Whenever I fucked up, my mom whooped my ass

• All the time.

• i got hit by mom a lot and deserved every one of it, would have been a thug by now otherwise probably, but after 13 i became strong enough to not be affected by it

• Where I am from children don't get spanked... just get slapped a lot :D

• I prefer the term beaten

• Not spanked but hit in the face, kicked, got things thrown at my head.

• Yes and it did me the world of good. I soon learn't quickly to do as I was told

• Yeah, Asain moms are crazy, trust me. Like a few days ago i did some shit and my mum came into my room, grabbed the nearest thing near her and hit me with it like not on my face but on my body. The other day the mark from my mock exams printed out wrong so it read that i had 1 E when i didn't so she slapped the fuck outta me.

What Girls Said 18

• I got that old school Mexican beatings. I was terrified of my dad but I learned my lesson lol

The most arbitrary reason I was punished when I was like 2-3yrs old. I refused to eat chile because it was so spicy. My dad got mad, smacked my mouth, yanked me and dragged me by my hair from the kitchen to the bathroom and threw me into the tub and turned on the cold water. I was crying in the tub and my mom was screaming for him to stop but he hit her too. But I learned my lesson because now I love spicy food :)

• Thank you for sharing your story. Your father was a sadist and hopefully he's locked up by now. Certain people like him just don't deserve to have kids while there are others who can't have kids of their own but would love to.

• Wtf thats a terrible way to teach a child to love spicy food.

• @Flotri66 hey, it worked. Now I put it on everything lol

• I spanked as a child I don't get them anymore though. My dad always feels like physically punishment is the best way to go and yelling and raising is voice is the best way to go. I think that there are other ways to handle the situation instead of beating your child.

• I probably got a spanking all of 5-6 by my parents before they figured out that belittling me had much more of an effect.

• I was spaaaanked as a kid.
    I got my butt beat.
    As a result i lost all fear and most respect for my dad.. he was the primary one that did it. He had a really short temper and that was his go to.

I was spanked and DONT believe in it

• No, I wasn't. I got yelled at if anything.

• Hell yeah! The belt, buckle at times and the famous chancla. My dad served in the military so he believed in Discipline.

• I used to be caned & whipped with a belt whenever I misbehaved, sometimes even got thrown out of the house for the night :/

• My brother & I would hide the canes/throw them out so our parents couldn't cane us anymore, but they'd buy new ones the next day 😂😭

• My mom.. She used to beat me up. Slapping was just a regular thing,.. She has issues.. I got used to it.. And now. I have behavioral problems at times.. Spanking is sth we do for fun. Nothing serious. Just a tap XD its funny. Dont judge person :3

• No I was not.

• nah never my parents are sofites

• Not often. If we didn't do our chores or if we acted up in school we'll get a smack on the butt or hand.

• My parents would whip me with a belt on the regular

• Yes.

• Spanked, belted and had things like. history books thrown at me (my mom is a history lover)

• Yes me & all 6 of my siblings were spanked & we turned out fine.

• Yes by my mom

• Yes I have when I would throw a big tantrum and I was a pretty bratty girl so I deserved it lol and it did teach me to not to be like that by the time I was six I knew not to have such a bad attitude but when I was in my early teens I became a brat again lol but my parents didn't spank me they just talked to me

• your lucky just one time. I get spanked and slapped a lot when I was child. It was everyday cause I speak too much, don't do my homework, don't want to go to sleep, don't want to eat and then I wake up in the night for eating something