Pixies are mythical creatures of English folklore, considered to be particularly concentrated in the areas around Devon and Cornwall, suggesting some Celtic origin for the belief and name. In regional dialect, these mischievous little folk are sometimes referred to as piskies/piskeys or the little people. They are usually depicted as wingless, with pointed ears, and often wearing a green outfit and pointed hat. Sometimes their eyes are described as being pointed upwards at the temple ends.
The pixie also has a matured cousin called the heather pixie.
Pixies are notorious pranksters. One of their favorite ways of messing with people is leading them off into the woods leaving and leaving them lost for hours before literally dropping; thus the term 'pixie-led'. Pranksters they maybe but not malevolent, they are known to help out a worthy human in need. They are also known to shape shift, a common form taken is the hedgehog.
- 5/5 my favorite mythological creature33% (9)0% (0)21% (9)Vote
- 4/5 i like it a lot37% (10)25% (4)33% (14)Vote
- 3/5 meh they are ok15% (4)31% (5)21% (9)Vote
- 2/5 i dont really like it7% (2)6% (1)7% (3)Vote
- 1/5 i hate it8% (2)0% (0)5% (2)Vote
- 0/5 worst mythological creature ever!0% (0)19% (3)7% (3)Vote
- Wtf is a Pixie?0% (0)19% (3)6% (3)Vote