Do you consider yourself to be humble?

0|0
8|18

Most Helpful Girl

• A truly humble person will never admit they are humble.

1|1
    0|0
    • Good answer.

• Show All
    • @AleDeEurope Let me try and explain, using your own explanation.

A good football player knows that he's good, yes. But saying so would make him appear arrogant and cocky.(honest yes, but still) Denying that he's good would be lying to not only those around him, but himself as well.. so what is one to do?
      "I'm just doing my best where I can." "We're all good at something." And so on.

A proverb goes: Humility is not thinking less of yourself; but thinking of yourself less.

• Exactly, so instead of saying "I'm the best football player !" or " I'm so good no one can beat me" they would say something more like "There are many people with just as much talent as I have!" or "Every person on this team plays an important role." It's a mentality, a way of being, just like how you make no effort to be yourself, humble people just are. As are vain people and so on. I believe you're born humble or after many difficult tribulations throughout a lifetime you may grow to be.

What Girls Said 7

• At times yes, most times im just neutral.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on what area of life.
    I have certain skills that I'm proud of though and hence don't see why I should undermine those just so others can feel better about themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • i'm aware of my abilities and appreciate what i have

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to refrain from being arrogant so yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but still i'm trying the best being neutral

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Depends on the subject.

If I'm good at what I do, then I will have no qualms in telling you that I am very good at what I do.

If I am not good at what I do, then I will hold no delusions, I will openly tell you I am not good at what I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's practically my middle name!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am humble, but apparently some people think I'm not when I'm just being honest... oh well :P
    xD

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't know your accomplishments but I'm sure it's nothing significant. Einstein once said, "I'm not smart, just passionately curious". coming from a guy who developed the quantum theory of specific heat and had an iq over 160

• <<<<Not not humble when it comes to sports

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been told that I am one of the most humble people there is.

0|0
    0|0
  • "I am humble" is the least humble thing you could ever say. If someone is humble, it means he/she doesn't like to brag.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humble? Hardly. I'd prefer the term self aware. I know my weaknesses and my strengths and I play this game of life using both to the best of my ability. I am proud of a great many things and I see no point in hiding triumphs for the sake of modesty.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I am mostly arrogant, but I AM HUMBLE.

0|0
    0|0
  • For the most part, yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not as humble as I should be

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm so humble that a lot of the time, I sell myself short

0|0
    0|0
  • No I'm not meek.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, and awesome af.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol no

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, very.

0|0
    0|0
  • Myself? No, No, no. I am just being myself :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to have a realistic assessment of myself, that's humble enough for the most part.

0|0
    0|0