Why do I look so ugly and fat in pictures?

Honestly that makes me so mad, i think i look good, i have curves but I'm not fat and when i take pictures of me i look fine but when friends do i look like a fat hippo with a handicap and i don't get it? Am i the only one? Does this happen to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• because you dont have control over the final photograph.

the entire world changed the day you could see how the picture would look before you took the picture. retaking the picture 100 times helps as well.

digital cameras.

• when your friends take pictures of you... there's no preview for you to look at while you optimally adjust yourself (angles).

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're probably not doing "flattering" angles as you would.

What Guys Said 6

• Why don't you start eating healthy and lifting instead of complaining on a website of people that literally do not care about your well being at all lol.

• Show us a pic of yourself and I can tell you why. There are plenty of reasons someone can look fat on camera, one reason can be not centering yourself well. There's a reason professional grade lenses can cost more than a new car. The lens on your phone is obviously infinitely cheaper and therefore can have issues with distortion, especially toward the edges of the frame.

• There's no picture for me to give an opinion on so all I can say is that you are your harshest critic. I learned that the hard way. I always saw myself as a creep to women and when I checked out a girl, they would notice me and either look away in shyness or look back at me. When I met my ex, she was all weird and quiet to me when I just tried to make conversation. When we started to talk and eventually starred to date, she told me she was extremely attracted to me from when we first met and she was really shy. I know guys don't see or think what you think about yourself. Same with your friends. Ask your friends and family on your appearance. And also, tell yourself you're beautiful everyday. It will build confidence.

• U might be fat

• post a pic so we can see what your going on about

What Girls Said 4

• Unphotogenic? I'm kinda like that too. Or maybe you just don't know how to pose for photos and that's why they come out bad?

• camera makes u gain 10 kg and u might not be photogenic. u gotta knoo ur angles

• you are not alone

• Depends on the angle

• And I have problems when I see myself in mirrors etc and it hurts sometimes to see what other don't