Can I give a 2 week old puppy bananas?

I don't have puppy formula or puppy milk or goats milk. Its an emergency and the puppy hasn't eaten in a few hours. I know its safe to give dogs bananas but how old do they have to be?

And what about a 4 week old puppy?
Or 3 week old

Most Helpful Guy

• Banana
    High in potassium (great for muscle and blood vessel function as well as for regulating the acidity of body fluids), fiber (a handy home remedy for the occasional bout of doggy diarrhea or constipation) and magnesium (important for energy transport and protein building in the body). Bananas have lots of pyridoxine (Vitamin B6), which helps metabolize proteins and regulates blood cell function so the blood can bring more oxygen to the brain and muscle. They also contain Vitamin C, an antioxidant that protects cells from damage and helps build cartilage. Pup Prep: Mash a banana and mix it in with your dog’s food. Be forewarned that the compounds in bananas that make them smell banana-y are offensive to some canines.

Taken from here:
    Banana

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You should be calling the vet not asking us.

Besides bananas are only a treat. Not real food.

• Its temporary until i get formula

• I obviously know its not a real food. But with every pet store closed and lack of ideas I don't know what to do. Id only be giving it to the puppy once. Then get formula in the morning. Im simply asking for help. So if you're just going to be rude and useless then why are you here

• That's why I told you to call the vet because they can give you a better idea of what it should eat.