Guys, would you date a girl with social anxiety?

I have social anxiety so it's a struggle for me to get out of the house. And when I do I often have anxiety attacks. People make me feel like I'm screwed up and no one would ever want to put up with that. I get "Maya, you're over reacting" on a daily basis. O lawrd someone get the holy water.

I wouldn't want a guy as a therapist I already got one. And, it's not like I don't have my life together I just have social anxiety there's a differance. I just need someone that actually understands and can see past the anxiety.
Difference oml bless my soul

12

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would not.
    It's not about me being an intolerant jerk though. I could totally see myself falling in love with and dating a girl with a physical disability. However, mental/emotional "conditions" (depression, social anxiety, personality disorder, schizophrenia etc. etc.) are things I cannot and don't want to deal with. In my opinion, a relationship can only function if both partners have enough emotional strength to keep themselves afloat. I need a partner who can "deal with her life" and doesn't need me as her personal therapist/life coach. I believe that any kind of emotional condition would be a huge strain on a relationship and would probably lead to its demise eventually.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah. I'd like go out with you to cozy, but public bars for a drink or to a park to let you get used to it

• Sweetheart your only 13. Focusing school and not boys. Boys are dumb especially at your age. There will be a few guys who will put up with it later in life and he'll by that time you'll over come this or you'll know how to deal with it better.

• yes, I've always had that, and still sort of do. never dated or anything, but yeah, I just hope that she opens up

• yes, i have anxiety to but there are some people that make me feel safe and it doesn't happen around. So i would date you, if i knew you, and we would get through it. Dont worry there's always something out there for you.

• I understand, I have a degree of anxiety myself and it makes meeting new people difficult and I went through a break up which has been extremly difficult and started seeing a female therapist every 2 weeks due to past personal issues

• Honestly, it would make me feel untrustworthy. I desire women who can handle who I am so I don't have to hold anything back.

• Sure. So long as I could get her to open up to me.

• Sure. Because of my affectionate nature I would probably embrace the idea actually. I would have someone to reassure and encourage. Maybe we could work through it together

• Maybe.

• I would because I have a small form of it😊 so I would be more understanding. but remember you have to warm up eventually Because it'll feel like you're not interested in them

• why do you feel that way? girls are loved like crazy ya know.
    if i could be the guy of her dreams who would be able to calm her down with my love for her than yes i would date and keep her, that is if she wanted me.