Is it possible to break someone's arm by twisting it too much?

At college I had this done to me but I wanted to know whether my arm could of broken if it was done a little bit more at the time I know that bone fracture occurs on impact but can twisting break someone's arm?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say dislocation might happen before a fracture but you may get a greenstick fracture where it twists out of shape and does not completely break.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Totally. That would actually be a much more dangerous break because you can bet on some serious internal lacerations when it splinters

It's going to take a lot of twists to reach that point right or is it just a couple at that time my friend interfered but I just wondered whether I could of been in danger of having a broken arm.

It's going to take a lot of power to get your bone to twist at all, but then it'll break all at once. Your bone's plasticity isn't meant to work that way.

• Not broken but it might be cracked. There is another technique about breaking an arm, like if you hit behind his elbow after twisting, his arm will be f*cked fo sure.

• Yes, you can break a bone that way, but you're more likely to cause a dislocation or tear a tendon.

• It totally could break your arm. All materials have a breaking point.

True but do you think a lot of twists for a while to reach that point or just a couple could do the trick.

It would only take one if it were forceful enough. Although it's possible that the joints would just become dislocated.