What do I do with my annoying ass cat?

So I live with a cat. I hate cats but it's my stepmothers and everyone is away for a week so I've been taking care of it.

So it's not so bad, I gotta clean the little shit's litter box and she always hangs out on the couch which would be nice if A she didn't shed so goddamned much and B my eyes weren't irritated by her mere presence. But it's fine The cat is kosher.

My problem is when I'm feeding it. This cat gets so close to me that I can't even pour the food into the bowl. I can't even place the bowl down. All the while the thing is meawing at me endlessly.

Usually I grab her by her skin (cuz I've seen a lot of people pick up a cat this way) and that gets her to stop but this time she got pissed at me so I threw her into the bathroom (literally right next to her bowl.) for the 3 seconds I needed to put food in her bowl

Is it too much to ask that the cat gives me some fucking space to put the food in her bowl? Every time I feed this bitch it's a battle to put food in the bowl. . . and I don't even really like her. How do cat owners like this shit?

1mo Just to be clear, I never threw a cat. It was a figure of speech, I actually lured her in there with a bit of dried food. Just cuz i can't stand the thing doesn't mean I abuse it haha

Most Helpful Girl

• Awe the poor kitty! She's just excited for food! Cat's love their food! Please don't grab her by the skin. Pick her up and support her back paws, and put her over your shoulder. Cats are affectionate, and it sounds like this kitty wants to show her appreciation for the meal. This is only for a week.

Most Helpful Guy

• She's a cat. You're the human. Try not getting angry but instead calm and assertive. Tell her no firmly but without rancor. Pick her up and move her back. Do that as many times as it takes for her to get it. Then feed her and praise her. Cats ARE trainable.

I saw your update. Tossing a cat firmly but not cruelly is an effective, not abusive way to discipline a cat. They HATE uncontrolled flight and it gets the message across. Not something I do unless everything else fails.

I don't know where people are getting the idea I've never tried any of these things tho. lol This isn't my firdst time with this cat.

I tried training it before by holding dry food in my hand and I was going to put it down without opening my hand until the cat stopped following. I swear to god I did it for 10 minutes strait and the cat still wasn't getting it. I tried doing things to annoy it like putting my other hand in her face for a second, touching her whiskers (gently) and eventually, holding her back and letting her go after I have filed the bowl.

Your right, I shouldn't have to do that. I'm the human, that's the cat. That thing gets food and shelter and a crazy good vet as apposed to having to live in the wild. Dogs seem to understand that why can't a cat?

*why can't MY cat?

What Girls Said 13

• I can't believe you have been oursmarted by a cat.

Pick up bowl, pour food in, put down bowl

• I hope someone throws your punk ass like that.

It's adorable when they do that, especially kittens. But maybe you should place the bowl on the table and have then set it down next to her once your done? She's just hungry, sure they can be a bit overboard but you're treating her too roughly, she's only a CAT she probably weighs 7-13lbs, throwing them around is dangerous you fucker.

• Curiosity killed the cat. But the user who posted this question is now a suspect.

• Ass cat, is that what you call her? Lol
    Cats will come to you when they want your attention and oddly enough when they sense that you don't like them.
    You don't like cleaning out a cats litter box. . . would you rather have a dog barking constantly at you to take it out for walks and picking up its great big dollops is shit out in the streets?
    I take it, that its a house cat when you don't let her out. If you have a garden let her roam it and she can shit out there because they are free going animals. But just remember to pick it up before mowing the lawn. One other thing, stop throwing her around. No animals deserve that kind of shitty treatmeant. I can't stand cruelty to animals. You are the kind that I'd like to string up by the balls. If you continue treating her like that, don't blame her if she turns on you and scratches your eyes out.

• What is wrong with you? Put the flipping bowl on a table when pouring the food in. It's not that hard!!!

• Feed her more often or pour food in the bowl when she's in another room so you get a head start. Cats graze all day so don't let the bowl get empty. That's why she's going black Friday about it on you.

• Poor cat. I feel bad for her. She should see this post. ㅠ. ㅠ

Dude, just pick up the bowl, and put the food. Nothing to get frustrated about. T. T

• just pet her while you put it down

• The fact that you put this under sexual behaviour though 😩

• Feed her at different times.

• Cat: What do I do with my annoying ass human?

• I take the dish to another room and fill it, or use the dish to scoop food out of the bag. we have 17 tame-ish cats.

• Pick the bowl up, fill it, and put it back down.

What Guys Said 6

• Here's an idea, why don't you pick up the bowl, put it on a table or a bench, put the food in it, then put it back on the floor for the stupid cat.

• So take the bowl off of the floor, go into the bathroom with it, then pour the food, then put it back on the floor after you've already poured it.

• she's just hungry and cats are like that when they are hungry. I understand you're allergic to cats and you shouldn't be forced to take care of the cat

• Stop being an asshole

• Lmao.. I know how to live with a cat. My cat was an asshole and acting like "he is the man of the house" so I was keep beating his ass, he was scaring me to death. It was my mother's cat so thats why I had to live with it during my kid period, its not good to harm animals but if it acts tough on you or does something which u don't like then u can give your cat beat a little, it will put it into dicipline 😎

• Grow the fuck up and get the job done. It's just a fucking cat, God damn