Why do girls think it's OK to wear leggings as pants in public these days?

If I wanted to see your camel toe and ass I would give you 20 dollars for a private dance like a stripper. Why do girls think it's not trashy to wear leggings with nothing covering their butt and front in public?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• you know what? I am a girl and I have the same exact question. I feel disgusted by these girls...maybe like this we could spread the word ;)It looks really bad.

• It is bad. It's about as bad as if I walked around in tight spandex undies showing the outline of my penis everywhere I went. For some reason lots of girls don't get that though.

What Girls Said 9

• I've done it but only with tunic style tops that cover everything! I also make sure the leggings are completely opaque. I feel like there's a right way and a wrong way and I definitely know what you mean when girls wear it the wrong way.

• Yes you wear them correctly in my opinion.

• I agree tights should only be worn as pants as long as the top comes down to thigh level. I have to admit I'm guilty of wearing yoga pants that show my butt quite often however. The only difference is that they flare at the calves/ankles...but the material is pretty much the same.

• I agree with you 100%!But on the other hand, I wear Victoria Secret yoga pants & sometimes they're leggings style. They get tight around your lower legs, but they're just like yoga pants on top.Typically girls think it's attractive to guys, when in truth it's not, but I have come across guys that dig that look. I think it's nasty. Yoga pants are my thibg.

• Because it's comfortable and not all girls walk around with camel toes or wearing thin, cheap leggingsLululemon is amazing <3

• If you ever bend over in a grocery store wearing leggings you have camel toe

• Show Older
    • 100$ lolIt amazes me how much women are willing to pay for so little fabric!

• I guess I'm becoming a prude as I get older but those pants look pretty damn tight and form showing to me.

• it is OK to wear leggings as pants in public if they're worn with a dress, skirt or a long flowing top. the reason I like wearing leggings because they are so comfortable and I only wear black leggings which has an elongating, slimming effect on a short curvy girl like me...

• That is why I said "as pants." The way you wear leggings is how they are supposed to be worn.

• Show Older
    • Well as long as your butt and camel toe are not on display you're all good.

• lol they got coverage :D

• it's comfortable. I make sure mine are not see through or overly tight. I also wear them to the gym or usually with a big sweatshirt or long top or tunic that covers my hooha and all or most of my butt

• You're border line OK in my opinion. In the gym you could at least wear some athletic shorts over your leggings but the gym is kind of a place you expect to see stuff anyways. In public if your hooha and butt are covered it's fine but it still makes you kind of scrubby looking if you have a long sweater over leggings.

• I never understood this either. I wear leggings a TON...but always under a skirt, dress, or long shirt. I've never worn it with my butt or anything else showing. I've tried and then immediately put something on over it because I feel like I'm walking around naked. Some girls can pull it off I guess though. I just have more of a pear shaped figure, so I always feel like the twiggy girls would make fun of me for having a butt and wearing it like that.

• fashion changes rapidly. I remember back in high school bell bottom or flayer-ed jeans were the main thing, then later in college skinny jeans that cut at the ankle became the new thing, and in between leggings became the new thing. if worn properly leggings are very comfortable, sexy, flattering to your figure and make you look stylish and casual at the same time. as long as they aren't sheer and super thin material its fine. its just like yoga pants but not flayered at the feet.

• It seems like sheer and super thin are becoming the norm where I live. To be honest even the thicker pants are pretty revealing to a guy if worn with a top that doesn't go below the waste. It just seems not classy to me not to mention it's disturbing when I see a 14 year old girl wearing leggings as pants.

• Show Older
    • id feel more self conscious of my ass wiggling if I wore a dress

• Really? I don't see it like that. I don't think I can ever see a woman's ass that much in a dress. Jeans are more revealing than a dress to me.

• Why do you care? That's the style. If you don't like it, go for a girl with a different style.

• I just think it's trashy for girls to display all their junk out in public.

• So if you think they're trashy don't go for them, someone else will.

What Guys Said 2

• I like it. The girls that have camel toes poking out are wearing leggings that are too tight or too thin. Apparently they're warm, comfy, and make legs look slimmer or something like that so they have function as well as fashion.I disapprove of guys wearing wife beaters and undershirts as regular shirts but there's plenty of people that do that as well.

• ppfft... You can't tell me skin tight leggings look warm with a straight face.

• Winter weight ones, sure.

• I'm a guy and I've wore leggings as pants in public, I'm very girlie tbh. Even wore knickers/panties too

• Because they don't have to explain to you what they wear. It's not about you, you don't get to decide what other people choose to wear :P Live and let live, man.

• I never said I get to decide. I'm free to point and laugh whenever I see a girl in leggings though and in my mind I'm thinking she looks like a skank.