• Ask
  • myTake

Ask Me What's Wrong, I'll Tell You

The art of figuring out the mind of a girl is almost impossible for most guys.

After all, we like completely different things than you guys do. Guys have no idea why we will sit for hours fixing our hair and makeup and us girls don't understand why guys will watch sports for hours on end. So, when it comes to communicating, guys can have a hard time trying to figure us out.

One of the common things guys don't understand is why us girls make you guess when something is wrong, instead of just spilling it! Take a look at these reasons we might hold information back from the guys in our lives.

We want to appear mysterious.

To some of us, telling guys everything makes us look more like a little sister than a girlfriend. So, if you know a girl that is constantly making you guess what is wrong with her, she might be playing games. By making you guess, we look more mysterious. If you really do care about us, you won't be able to get us out of your mind until you know what's wrong. So, if we don't tell you right away, we might be on your mind for weeks which is just how we like it!

We want you to know us better.

A lot of girls don't tell you immediately what's wrong with them because we expect you to be able to read our minds. Well, not exactly read our minds. But, we do think you should know us well enough to be able to guess what's wrong with us, without us having to tell you. If you don't have any idea why your girl is upset, she might get angry. She might not understand why you can't figure it out on your own. We give guys a lot of credit! Don't get upset with us. We just want you to know us better.

We are too embarrassed to say it out loud ourselves.

If we are trying to hide something that is embarrassing, there is no way we will tell you. If you figure it out on your own, we might admit you are right. But, us girls won't likely reveal our secrets without you guessing. Saying something embarrassing or something terrible out loud can be humiliating for us. For some reason, when guys guess the secret, it makes it less embarrassing. Sure, we might want you to know, but we don't want to explain it ourselves.

"Sometimes we just need time and space to get through things, without a guy getting involved."

We really don't want you to know at all

The last reason we might not tell you what's wrong is because we don't want you to know at all. Sometimes we just need time and space to get through things, without a guy getting involved. So, if we are upset about something and we don't want to talk about it, then we might mean it. We might not want to drag you into a family problem or a fight we had with our best friend. Whatever the case is, you must be respectful if we are keeping things to ourselves.

Although you now know the reasons girls don't always tell you what's wrong with them right away, it can be difficult to figure out which of the four reasons applies in each situation. To figure that out, you might just have to do some trial-and-error practices. Try guessing what's wrong and if we get upset, then we probably don't want to talk about things. But, if we tell you to guess again, we might just be wanting you to figure it out for yourself!

What Guys Said 11

• If she wants to play games she can get a boyfriend that works at Chuck E. Cheese cause I'm out

• Most men are just short tempered and do not want to play the "guessing" game. So we let women cocoon on their grief. We do not let go of interest in her or care for her, however, but most of us just leave a woman to figure out whatever they are concerned with and not interrupt.

The psychology of men and women is very different. A man's stance on life is to conquer and move on and leave a mark' women's stance in life is to be valued, appreciated. and subtly leave a mark in life for the love one she cared for..

In Charlotte's web by E. B. White that analogy is portrayed vividly, but caution in interpretation cause the book was written by a man. Charlotte by all means kept Wilbur second guessing and therefore,

“Wilbur never forgot Charlotte. Although he loved her children and grandchildren dearly, none of the new spiders ever quite took her place in his heart. She was in a class by herself. It is not often that someone comes along who is a true friend and a good writer. Charlotte was both.”
    ― E. B. White, Charlotte's Web

To add on, men want to see everything in black and white. Women on the other hand the true fabric of life does not lie in black and white, but within. Another quote from Charlotte's web - substitute "People are gullible" with "Men are gullible."

“Trust me, Wilbur. People are very gullible. They'll believe anything they see in print.”
    ― E. B. White, Charlotte's Web

• Wow. I'm kind of with the last two posters on this one, NMMan and armyant. They're right to a certain extent. It depends on the level of the relationship, though. If it's someone you're only interested in, they're right. If it's someone you're intoxicated by, they're not so right, especially so if this is a real relationship and marriage. Women, get a clue. We care, but we don't want to grovel. Just talk about what you're feeling. It makes it easier for us to talk about our own feelings, too.

• "One of the common things guys don't understand is why us girls make you guess when something is wrong"

As far as I'm concerned, if I ask you what's wrong and you huff and say nothing, then I'll just act like nothing is wrong and you can go play the "I'm a spoiled child and you must accommodate me" game with someone else 'cause I honestly don't care at that point.

• Quoted for truth.

• I still think its easier to just tell us o.o

• Damn, if you girls didn't spend all that time in the make up chair and getting your hair done, all this you gotta know what's wrong be enough to make a guy almost repeat almost go gay

• I suppose I could attempt to decipher a thousand immature guessing games - or I could date a woman that will communicate what's on her mind and act like a real person. Doesn't sound like a hard choice to me.

• If you are going to play hide and seek all the time, people will get really annoyed and offended and just give up in the end. What are you trying to hide? Just be free to be yourself. No one likes being played or toyed with, and most guys wouldn't even try to dig deeper, except if they are suck ups and perverts.

• Guys, lets ge real. Girls spend time infront of the mirror . That is why they look stunning to us . I have no problem if my girl takes he rtime infront of the mirror, what I have problem with if she always gets me late to where I wanna go. Girls are girls and will always be girls and that is why they are cute in their own little way .

• the secret of the mirror... yep the mirror is wrong babe...

What Girls Said 4

• Hehe I'm guilty of being quiet, sometimes its just hard to talk to a guy cos your not used to talking to them like that

but you can talk to your girl friends because you are really close with them compared with guy friendships

Personally I think us girls have one MAJOR flaw.......

we think too much ;)

• I can't even figure out my own damn mind, sometimes!

• I tell boys what's on my mind. When they p*ss me off they're gonna know wither they want to or not! And I spend 5 minutes, MAYBE in the bathroom getting ready. MAYBE that long. But there is something that I won't tell ANYONE I know. And it's personal. It really is. And they wouldn't believe me anyways, so I just won't bother

• You can't force someone to want to know you making a person guess will push them away, because its obnoxious. if you want someone to know you then you have to communicate.

if yore bothered by something and purposefully hiding, you don't look mysterious you look moody.

-guys too.

few people will volitionally talk about something that is embarrassing and no one talks about things they don't want to talk about.

I don't believe you spend HOURS in front of a mirror... why?

MANY women love sports.

Join the discussion