What does "I am falling for you" mean, anyways?

My boyfriend has been saying "I'm really falling for you" quite often lately, and I know that's a good thing, but at the same time, I really don't know what it's supposed to mean. Does it just mean he likes me a lot, is in love with me, or is starting to love me? I think the term "I am falling for you" is sort of vague. I'm really clueless when it comes to this sort of stuff, and so I need things put as bluntly as possible. Lols.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Guys by and large know how much weight the words I love you carry and try to no say that until that is completely true or as close to true as the guy can know.The phrase "I am falling for you" is what has grown out of the need to express the feelings between just general attraction and real love. He is prob recognizing that he wants you in his life more, that he apriciates who you are in ways that were not the same before and is accepting of things he might not have accepted from others but since they are part of you it works.It's a compliment likely from a guy that doesn't say the words Love loose and fast like some people do.It means when or if this relationship ends he knows it will hurt where if it ended earlier it would have not.

• This makes a lot of sense. :) I understand now. ^_^ Thank you very much!

What Guys Said 3

• It means he's falling for you.

• I'm not sure why, but that term just seemed so confusing to me. I certainly must be slower than I thought, or I was possibly just thinking of what it could have meant too much.

• Word of advice. When a guy says something, take it at face value and don't overanalyze it. We don't do *hints* or *hidden meanings* like you girls do.

• Lols! Understood. ^_^ Thank you for that. :)

• okay..let me get this straight..he said that he is "falling for you"? and this guy is your boyfriend..if he is he should have fell for you before that.that means he doesn't love you or at least not yet..this is a serious problem..you need to confront him about this. and ask him does he or does he not.how long have you been dating?

• We haven't been dating all that long, to be honest. We've been together for just a few months, roughly 3 months going on 4, and when we first started going out, we didn't even know each other prior to that and were pretty much complete strangers, if that helps. ^_^;

• Show Older
    • Well if he makes you happy there is no reason to risk it..anyway it does sound like he is beggining to fall in love with you..this may go slow but don't let him go if your happy

• Alright. :) I definitely won't. ^_^ Thank you so much!

• I don't know if he already tells you he loves you, but if not it sounds like he's probably falling in love with you :D

• He hasn't said that yet, but we're still fairly new, but he does a lot of things that show me that he does care. He lives about an hour away from me, but he always drives out to come see me, and he's always wanting to hold me and kiss me, and he always looks into my eyes and calls me beautiful and "perfect", and he wants to take me all the way to Florida with him to meet his friends and family (we live in California), and he says that he always talks about me to his friends...

• It sounds like you've caught yourself a good one...and from what you describe, I wouldn't be surprised if the "I love you" comes sooner than later =]

• :) That's so nice to know. Thank you very much for helping me clarify this. ^_^

What Girls Said 2

• its inbetween love and like

• He's trying to tell you that he thinks he's in love with you.

• I see. That's simple enough, I suppose. Lols! Thank you!