Why is my sister so weird?

Okay, my sister is so different. She wants to be a writer or journalist, and while she is talented at writing, isn't it a dying career since we are in the internet age? Also it's not just that,she doesn't take care of herself. She had bad teeth (part of it is she has bad enamel because of medication my mom took, but still she hated using toothpaste until she was 12 and drinks about 2-3 bottles of mtn dew a week during the school year since at home we don't buy pop), also she has no motivation to lose weight or look good. She has bad acne which she can't control, but she went on medication and it's better but she still has it. Also she has no motivation to lose weight and even though she's been a bit bigger (she's 6 ft1) she has now ballooned 220 lbs,and while she doesn't look terrible big, her gut is big, and whenever we in my family tell her she says "why are guys like you (me and my bro) allowed to have fat beer bellies hanging out while I have to be skinny"She also doesn't exercise and spends all day reading and watching TV and doesn't want to get active unless we fix her bike (which is weird since she hasn't ridden it since she was 12 at least), and the sad thing is she isn't happy about her weight, she just accepts it. Also she's so mean to us at home while at school she never says a word, leading to her not having many friends outside of speech time or journalism, and even there she doesn't have too many. She also doesn't drive and I don't know if she really wants to. To top it off is the meanness I mentioned. She always corrects my brother who is autistic about stuff he can't control, or corrects me, and it sucks. I honestly don't know why she's like this. She just seems to be a ticking time bomb. She's going to college this fall and I am worried she won't do well. She was smart but never got great grades and wasn't very socially adept, and also I'm worried her weight and quiet personality outside the home will make social life tough. What am I supposed to do? Is she a lost cause?

Another question, is it okay that she thinks she isn't normal and is okay with it. She says that the reason her and my mom fight is because she wants my sister to be normal, and my sister says she isn't normal.
Also, she once again said she isn't happy being fat, but accepts it, and always yells at mom for wanting her to be skinny and "normal". So she likes being wierd. Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Weird doesn't have to be bad. To people that are into arts and writings, telling them that they need to be normal is probably the worst thing to do. There is a difference from being health and unhealthy of course. The first step in helping your sister to making better choice in what she puts in her body, never criticize her. You will just push her away. My boyfriend's sister is just like this. I know its cause of the way her mom raised her, she never wanted her to grow up or have responsibility. This girl sits on the computer 24/7 and she just turned 20. Doesn't have a job and no college. They are just now trying to get her be responsible, and to do stuff around the house. That is something that you have to be taught your whole life. You can't just except someone to learn in one day. You have to show patients, no anger, and lead from examples. You and your mom are just gonna have to sit her and talk. If you want her to eat to healthier then everyone in the house has to eat healthier. She is not a lost cause; she just needs love and motivation.