EXes: They are ancient history. why even care, or bother?

I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

EXes:  They are ancient history.  why even care, or bother?

Your ex is just one in a line of exes you will have in your life. Get used to it.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• This was a great MyTake, thanks for sharing!
    I guess sometimes its best to cut ties

• You are welcome :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with this 100%! They are never in my thoughts as I move on!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• Sometimes it can be misunderstandings created by other people and because of those reasons ur ex don't wanna talk to you? What do u do then?

• Still. the ex is an ex.

• Ya the sqme happened to me. We don't talk anymore but if we see each other we wave abd smile.

• you move on and have no contact for the purpose of:
    1. you both respect ea. so that ea. can meet a compatible partner, can find love. when exs mix/ keep in contact, they are preventing ea. other from moving on.
    2. when one meets a new partner and continue to stay "friends" with ex., its call not respecting the new relationship.
    3. its healthy to stay single and redefine your self for some time, so that you can be healthy and ready for your next partner.

• My ex is bragging about getting someone else pregnant. Yes I work with him. I'm looking for a better job. Can't find one. I'm trying to move out of state.

• But what about because of current lifestyle, not because of cheat, abuse, etc.
    for example, one is more matured than the other. By that I mean one had no choice but to grow up and move on their own meanwhile the other has family support through school, etc.
    Down the line can they reconnect and if both are more stable?

• Well, perhaps as they mature in several years, it may be possible. There are always going to be exceptions.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree 100% if it was a bad break up however what if the both of you ended it on good terms due to busy lifestyles etc.

My ex means another to me but she's had a few emotional family problems, is back at university, with a part time job and has a daughter.

We have so much in common, and do want same life goals, we have history going back to school days (we're now both 32)

She's kept communication open but with been split for five months, she's told me I'm amazing guy and great role model for her daughter but the time is not right.

This has caused letting go very difficult.