- Work out. Nothing relieves stress like a good work out at the gym, or even a run around your neighborhood. Pop in your IPod and have at it. You will get in shape, and feel better about yourself.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show. If you’re watching a program you really enjoy, you won’t be thinking about things that make you sad. Pull out an old comedy, or watch re-runs of your favorite TV show and keep your mind off everything.
- Play with your pet. Pets never let you down! Cuddle with your dog, play with your cat, or even talk to your fish. Pets are there for you no matter what- they are your best friend and love you regardless.
- Hang out with friends. They can make you laugh and help you have fun, forgetting about why you’re sad. Go out to eat, grab drinks, watch movies, or even work out together.
- Clean. Clean your room, clean out your car, straighten up your house- cleaning is another stress reliever and it helps keep your space neat too! It also might trigger a creative side to redecorate or clean something else.
- Change Something. Whether it is a new hair style, rearranging your room or house, or signing up for some sort of class, changing something in your life can be for the better. It’s like starting a new You- and what a perfect time to do so.
- Plan for the future. You’re single and independent now, so plan ahead. Make some fun plans for the summer, pick out classes for the fall, or plan a trip for anytime. Set goals and deadlines for things you want to accomplish now that you aren’t tied down.
- Buy something new. Don’t go out and blow all your money because you are upset, but buying something small for yourself can help a lot. A cute shirt, a new CD, or a cool pair of shoes will help keep a smile on your face.
- Fix your favorite meal. Fix yourself or order something you love but don’t normally get to eat. Order Chinese, fix a steak, make some delicious pasta, or even get ice cream.
- Burn a new CD. Make a CD with all your favorite songs. Keep them upbeat and don’t put songs that will remind you of your ex on it- keep it to brand new songs or old songs that remind you of other people and fun times.
10 Things To Do Besides Cry After a Break Up
Most Helpful Guy
You need to remember that all wounds heal with time. You need to give yourself the time and soon you will notice that you are not feeling so bad and that life is good again. You will move on and find a new love that will take your mind off of the break up that you thought would ruin your life.
There is no need to worry when you are involved in a break up.
Most Helpful Girl
Thank you for putting the theme of moderation in there. GIRLS ... it is easy to do drastic things after a breakup because you are having drastic emotions. However, its not always what you would do if you were your normal self or normal mood. Good ideas, I like this story!0