My boyfriend wants to break up because he doesn't trust me.?

Basically my boyfriend and I have only been together six months and we had each broken up with our old boyfriend and girlfriend for each other , yes we did cheat on them. So I also found out that he cheated on me with his ex once. He's 32 and I'm 21, and he does go out a lot. I'm tired of sitting at home while he goes out so one night last week my friend her boyfriend and I went out to a club and her and I left early so she could take me home. Her boyfriend ended up calling my phone at 2 am looking for his girlfriend because he didn't realize she took me home. My boyfriend picked up and then hung up. I then deleted the number so he couldn't call her boyfriend back and start something. Well he's super angry and accusing me if cheating saying I know you're sneaking around with someone. And the night night he says I don't want to be with you anymore because for the first time I'm really hurt and don't trust you. I begged him to stay because I love him. What's confusing is that the next day he was texting me saying he loves me and acting fine. Well now he went to the beach with friends for the weekend and one night he called again saying he loves me so much but doesn't want to be with me because he doesn't trust me, then the next day he calls acting fine saying he loves me and bought me a present. I'm so confused! Could it be possible that he cheats on me in general when he goes out and that because I started going out he's assuming I'm doing the same? I love him so much and just want him to be committed but he has this player attitude. I don't know what to do ://
Thank you guys for the answers most of my friends say the same. But if you do love someone how do you find the strength to break it off if they aren't good for you?
I just don't know if I'm strong enough to leave him.

77

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you need to make a choice, because if he is cheating, then he will always cheat, and you will always forgive him. If he isn't cheating, then why does he not trust you, surely to have a relationship as good as yours, he has to trust you 100% and you him, but you don't, and nor does he, so to me, this says the relationship is damaged. How much, only you know that, but for him to not involve you in his nights out is also strange to me. I personally think you deserve better, because a guy who is into his woman, would never treat you in a way where you could express your feelings in a way you have here, so really, you should move on and make room for a guy who would effortlessly show you just how much you really do mean to him, and not take you for granted, and trust you, which is needed for any relationship to work, x

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think things are going to work with the two of you. You started a relationship based on cheating, so both of you believe the other is capable of it. You should've left the first time he cheated on you, because he's now made it very clear he's capable of cheating on anyone, and that it wasn't just an exception for you. Now, he doesn't trust you either, because he's done it to you and he knows you've done it to other people.

There is no trust and no consistency. You haven't cheated on this relationship, but he has, and that's enough to realize he just can't be trusted. He also doesn't believe he can trust you even though he clearly still has feelings. Trust is #1 in a relationship, there's no getting around that. No trust, no relationship.