Ex-girlfriend misses me (dumpee), but she's still with someone else (rebound)?

First, I would like to clearly state my intention is to get back with my ex-girlfriend because she was the love of my life who I even asked to be my wife in the future once I finished my degree.

After breaking up, I tried NC for 1 month, but couldn't as she was always contacting me (whether weekly or each 2 weeks) asking how I was (generally, responded briefly).
And then out of a sudden she contacted me again, but this time she said that she misses me and that we could meet sometime. So we met, have some beers, converse and laugh; to sum it up: great day. The next day I text her that we can give it another chance, but she insisted she was not feeling the same way any more and we should stay friend. Since then I delete her completely out of my life.

2.5 weeks later, she used the pretext that she was at a friend's funeral and was thinking about me and misses me. Obviously, I was missing her, but I waited weeks before replying to her. And now she's readied to meet again.

I just don't know what to do as she's still in a relationship with that other guy. As the dumpee what should I do?
Should I keep playing that game "You miss me! I miss you too"?, but I would not initiate a meet up!

Help please.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll keep it really simple for you: move on. She is obviously being manipulative and playing with your emotions. As a woman myself, I can tell you that we get a kick out of that. It's horrible, I know, but it's just some vindictive pleasure that is engrained deep inside of us. It makes us feel wanted. So we hang out with our sad exes we know we can easily control. Once a woman says she's not interested in you, even if she later says she misses you, run. This will only become an endless cycle of bullshit and games. And in the end, you'll be the one heartbroken, because she dumped you in the first place and is now with a new man. Do yourself a favor, and save yourself the hassle by cutting this woman out of your life before you get anymore emotionally involved. It will only become harder. Also, she has a boyfriend. She's a bitch for sweet talking you and flirting with you behind hee boyfriend's back, but you're an asshole for having intentions to get with this girl when she has a bf. You're also in denial if you think this is going to end with a happily ever after. Well, you're both scumbags, but that's not my point. My point is, you need to move on and get on with your life. This girl is trouble and I know how hard it is to eliminate someone you love and could see yourself with in the long run, but you have to come to terms with it and act now before she completely destroys you. Sometimes we have to let the ones we love go. She doesn't love you anymore, she said it yourself. The sooner you eliminate her from your life, the sooner you can move on, the sooner you can meet someone who isn't going to bullshit you and is worthy of you affections. But it's up to you, man. Whatever your decision, good luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• if she's in a rebound relationship then forget her and find someone else

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE