He broke up with me. I begged him to come back, he didn't say yes. Now I'm using the no contact rule. Will he come back?

My boyfriend and I, both in our early 20s, have been on again off again for the last 4 months of our 2 year relationship. Every single time we broke up, we'd get back together. The first two times, I broke it off, and the last two he did. I begged him, saying things would be different and that I'm changing and felt we're meant to be together, honestly feeling all of these things.

The past two times, he accepted my plea and we got back together. This time when he broke up with me, he mentioned he's just not happy and that things just aren't working out for him anymore.

We met in person and I gave him back his things. I also went back into my begging, which was completely embarrassing. He was sending mixed signals, hugging me and walking after my car when I'd be crying or trying to leave. Then he finally said "I don't want you, I don't want to be with you, you're bad for me." I finally just had to leave, for I realized this was not going anywhere.

I later sent a text mentioning I won't be with someone who doesn't want me and that I wish him happiness, and goodbye. I refuse to call him over and over with no response only to let him confirm his possible crazy view of me.

Anyway, I'm going to start the no contact rule. For myself, mainly. We care about each other immensely, but maybe the relationship has run its course. However I am wondering what he'll be thinking during this time? Does it actually work? Will he be wondering why I'm not calling/texting and try to get into contact with me after a while?

19

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why you two broke up, but the fact that you two have been at it three times suggests to me that it is not functioning. Your ex said you're bad for him, this means that you might have been at his throat, and him yours. You need to realize that sentiment is a product of time spent with one another, but your sentiments do nothing to tell you about what is wisest for either of you. You're better off without him and him without you.

I suggest you move on using techniques of meditation, eating right, sleeping right, self-development with hobbies and readings of philosophy. You must learn from your mistakes because the next man you meet can potentially be more compatible, but you can decide this through your willingness to "change" without the prospects of returning to your ex. You must not return to your ex.

• Thank you. Really appreciate it. Keep me up to date with how you're feeling so I can map out what's the best move following your temporal state.