Is it considered a rebound if girlfriend left me for someone she just met?

Long term girlfriend we were eachother first loves and serious relationship 4yrs, we've had break ups in past but always came back. Now right after slying across country to visit her and she asked when i would propose to her bc she feels times running out, she's 26 i said i need to finish med school first., anyway she left me 2 days later for a guy she just met on vacation and says their in "love" already and sees a more steady future with him and he moved to her state already so their both moving extremely fast which confuses me. I know i couldn't see her the same way anymore, but would this be considered a rebound?
Updates:
she called me three weeks after saying she's not sure she made the right choice, not over me and was just trying to convince herself she was but doesn't see a stable fututre bc of religion and cultural diff which she's said to me few times before

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• A rebound happens after a relationship, not before. Sounds like she checked out emotionally after you said you weren't ready for marriage. Perhaps she found someone whom she thought had the same goals in mind as she did for a relationship.

She told you she was getting desperate, her actions reflect that. Her behavior also reflects that of someone having a midlife crisis, she's around the right age.

1|0
    0|0
    • Do you think her claiming to be in love and moving in with this guy in the first month shows that she's just trying to fast forward her relationship to where we were? I always planned on proposing after med school in six month, is their anything i can do at this point?

• I honestly have no idea if she's in love with him or not. As I said, it seems like she's going through a midlife crisis which is comparable to manic behavior. In these times people may feel like their beleifs/emotions are real, when they actually aren't.

Honestly a conversation would be the best thing you can do. See where her mind is at and where her thoughts are. See if it is really over between you two. It is hard dealing with people who have a mental collapse, but there isn't too much you can do about it other than talk to her.

• No offense, moeconfused, but why didn't you talk about a timeline with her. Why not discuss it but let her think that it wasn't happening? You said you were in a relaitonship for 4 years so why werent you able to communicate with her about this. When a girl tells you that... This is not something to be taken lightly

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, That Is A Possibility Rather The Less iWouldnt Sit Around & Wait For Her, She Did You Wrong & Didn't Take Your Feelings Into Consideration, You Dont Need A Girl Like That...

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• No, he's not a rebound. I agree with anon. You get a rebound after a breakup. She started liking him before the breakup, which means that she has already moved on from you. Whether it will last or not completely depends, but no, he doesn't have that rebound status.

0|0
    0|0
    • you think she called saying she's not sure she made the right choice, not over me and was just trying to convince herself she was to try and keep me as back up?

• Sounds like she just wants to keep you on the back burner just in case if it turns out that they were incompatible with each other, yeah. Obviously when you dive head first into something completely new like she did, you're going to feel doubtful. So, keeping you as a backup is pretty much a strategic move on her part, since it seems like she doesn't want to take ALL the risks, only some of them.

• you never know, maybe they are in love... love can happen instantly

0|0
    0|0
    • you might be write, confusing part was that she called me three weeks after saying she's not sure she made the right choice, she's not over me and was just trying to convince herself she was and if we lived together it would work since she claims that we were truly in love. but that she doesn't see a stable future with me and times ticking for her.

• This girl is confused. I personally think you need to give her time to figure out her emotions.
      She wants the ring and that is making her behave irrationally. It coud be hormones also. lol
      You should give her some space like 2-3 months to figure it out on what she wants to do.

• it seems like her and this new guy are the real deal especially since he moved to her state so she basically can't just walk away from him after that, but i am still in no contact.

• Not really she just likes him better

0|0
    0|0
  • It might be, it might not be. She could have met the one

0|0
    0|0
    • well its been 6 weeks already and their living together since they met and he moved to florida from NY to move in with her so im sure whether they get rocky or not she will stick it out anyway bc he moved. Im not planning on ever contacting her, she only ever contacted me since she left me for a guy she just met to relieve her own guilt, she has no care about how i feel and all the hurt she's put me through which is the worst I've ever felt in my life,

• Not rebound

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• A rebound is when they get with someone after a breakup, but before they get over you. She left you for someone else, which means that she was over you, before the breakup.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes