Is it considered a rebound if girlfriend left me for someone she just met?

Long term girlfriend we were eachother first loves and serious relationship 4yrs, we've had break ups in past but always came back. Now right after slying across country to visit her and she asked when i would propose to her bc she feels times running out, she's 26 i said i need to finish med school first., anyway she left me 2 days later for a guy she just met on vacation and says their in "love" already and sees a more steady future with him and he moved to her state already so their both moving extremely fast which confuses me. I know i couldn't see her the same way anymore, but would this be considered a rebound?
she called me three weeks after saying she's not sure she made the right choice, not over me and was just trying to convince herself she was but doesn't see a stable fututre bc of religion and cultural diff which she's said to me few times before

62

Most Helpful Girl

• A rebound happens after a relationship, not before. Sounds like she checked out emotionally after you said you weren't ready for marriage. Perhaps she found someone whom she thought had the same goals in mind as she did for a relationship.

She told you she was getting desperate, her actions reflect that. Her behavior also reflects that of someone having a midlife crisis, she's around the right age.

• Do you think her claiming to be in love and moving in with this guy in the first month shows that she's just trying to fast forward her relationship to where we were? I always planned on proposing after med school in six month, is their anything i can do at this point?

• I honestly have no idea if she's in love with him or not. As I said, it seems like she's going through a midlife crisis which is comparable to manic behavior. In these times people may feel like their beleifs/emotions are real, when they actually aren't.

Honestly a conversation would be the best thing you can do. See where her mind is at and where her thoughts are. See if it is really over between you two. It is hard dealing with people who have a mental collapse, but there isn't too much you can do about it other than talk to her.

• No offense, moeconfused, but why didn't you talk about a timeline with her. Why not discuss it but let her think that it wasn't happening? You said you were in a relaitonship for 4 years so why werent you able to communicate with her about this. When a girl tells you that... This is not something to be taken lightly

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm Going To Give You My Unlicensed Professional Opinion, That Is A Possibility Rather The Less iWouldnt Sit Around & Wait For Her, She Did You Wrong & Didn't Take Your Feelings Into Consideration, You Dont Need A Girl Like That...