My ex unblocked me on Facebook last night. Considering how things ended is this odd?

Without going into great detail, my ex and I broke up back in May. For about two months I tried to fix things with her. Her behavior was so erratic that I simply felt like I was beating my head against a brickwall.

Last night I was talking with a friend when I noticed a number of my photos with my ex gf had popped back up on my timeline.

Our last communication was back on Aug 23rd when I asked her why her behavior was all over the place. Also, I asked for my stuff back that have been at her APT since May [Macbook charger, Apple TV, Sunglasses & miscellaneous clothes]. The first thing she texted me was "What is your address? I'll send you your stuff and please don't contact me again". She then sent me a message saying "I have forgiven you over the months. But, I cannot forget what you did to me. It took me to step back to realize how disrespected I felt. I hope you find what you are looking for in life. I have no ill will towards you. I will mail you your stuff this week."

She has still not mailed me my items to this day.

14

Most Helpful Girl

• It seems to me she have forgiven you or are taking the steps towards forgiveness. you had been a huge chunk in her life and doesn't want to let go of this fact. When angry, we act irrationally and hasty. Her adding you back was simply a step for her in her grieving period; which there are many steps to this and everyone is different. She probably hasn't mailed your things back because you are not her first priority, has other things going on or simply maybe wants to see if there is any hope left cause deep down no one wants to break up and lose the love, but maybe it seemed fit for her at that time. I hope this helps.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I must say that this is one of the best GAG responses I've seen in awhile. With that being said, I just think that her behavior over the past few months has been erratic at best. She does seem rather conflicted and that maybe one of the reasons she hasn't sent my things back. With that being said, it's been been twenty days since our last communication. As two adults [I'm 25 & she will be 24 in Dec] I expected a bit more respect from her in this situation. What I did back in May was wrong. But, at a certain point people need to stop making contradictory statements and communicate something with substances.

• I explained to another GAGer that we got into a pretty heated drunken argument and I blew up at her. My anger got the best of me that evening and I berated, screamed & disrespected her. In the aftermath, I took a step back and invested in anger management [Went to a counselor]. I also mailed her a letter apologizing for my actions and explaining what I was doing to improve myself. Throughout the summer we communicated off/on. But, a lot of her behavior was extremely erratic & attention seeking.

I find a lot of what she's saying and doing inconsistent. It's clear to me that I am on her mind in some way. But, it's not enough for her to have direct communication with me. Everything seems to be done in a pseudo fashion and I just don't operate that way. I'm not getting my hopes to high because it's not like she unblocked me or sent me a text. But, I do find it VERY confusing that someone who said "please do not message me again". Would unblock me on social media.

• Ah yes. We females can throw you males for a loop. haha. But it goes both ways. I and you should be so proud of yourself for noticing and taking action for such an event. Admitting your own issues is hard and I commend you for that. I am myself dealing with an addict (alcohol and cocaine) and breaking it off with him due to some crazy off the wall behavior. I too Blocked him for a clean break, cause as addicts do, they'll suck ya right in and we as females, forgive, never forget, and learn to love through the deepest faults cause we are compassionate beings and know we shouldn't judge cause we aren't perfect. I think it's best to tell yourself all the positive things you did to change the way you acted in the past, and continue on a path to a healthy relationship with yourself, first and foremost. If she comes back around, then maybe you've realized, one, you've moved on cause you grew from the situation, or two, you're ready to start fresh and take it one day at a time. :)