GF dumped me. Said she doesn't want to hurt me anymore? But she never did?

My girlfriend just broke up with me. She said she was tired of hurting me. I should mention she is battling depression and anxiety. I did everything I could for her. Stuck by her and supported her but she was convinced she was a burden to me; which she wasn't. I told her she wasn't all of the time. Now she dumped me and said she was tired of hurting me. I can't get through to her and she won't even give me a straight answer on why this is for the best. What do I do?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Being depressed doesn't mean she's totally out of her mind or anything. She knows what she's doing. You just have to as to talk to her either on the phone or in person as calmly as possible. Don't throw a bunch of words at her, or she'll feel overwhelmed. She's really fragile at the moment. I don't know what makes her think she's hurting you, but I want you to know that depressed people are NOT crazy. She knows what she wants and she knows what she's doing. You just have to CAREFULLY make her understand you. I used to have a mental disorder and I don't know how it feels to be on the other side of things so the only advice I could give you is to try to get to her REALLY CAREFULLY. Remember she's like a piece of glass right now; sharp but fragile.

• She doesn't want to see me cuz its too hard for her to talk and she doesn't want that to be our last conversation. She just wants me to accept the break up. We have been texting tho. But every time I tell her im not hurting and that I don't care about this and that I want to be there for her she tells me to stop caring and move on. And every time I tell her I was never bothered by the depression and that she's not a burden on my life she gets upset and tells me its over? Not sure what to do?

• The weird thing is The longer were apart the worse she gets. she's always been at her happiest when were together. But because she thinks im hurting she thinks she's protecting me and that its for the best

• send her flowers