What should I do with the flooding memories of my ex?

I thought I moved on, but in fact I was waiting for some news before getting back to my ex. We broke up because of circumstances, but these circumstances are no more and I tried to contact her (although I said I would not in order to move on). But she blocked my number, I called and called and left a few messages. It's like breaking up all over again, first time was more than a month ago, and I never thought the excruciating pain would be back.

But I need to sleep, I am important personal matters that require me in full capacity. During the day, I can keep busy and not feel crushed by that "second break up", but at night... It is impossible for me to sleep, nothing to distract me from the pain. I did manage to get some sleep the first night, by using the good memories I have of my ex. Remembering the first kiss, what I love about her, the romance, living in fantasy, it made the pain go away and I could actually sleep.

Is it healthy to use that to go to sleep? I can't help but feel like this is only going to make things worse. I feel that every night I'm taking a step backwards by letting the memories flow unbridled. But it is still healthier than drinking myself to sleep, and I can't afford spending all night completely awake, this will destroy me.

What the hell am I supposed to do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I do the exact same thing. Think of the good memories to get to sleep.

• How long has it been going though? How are we supposed to heal if we keep thinking of the good memories again and again... It's exactly the same thing as when in fact I kept hope, hope that I would overcome the circumstances that made us breakup. Now that I did, I realize I did not move on at all, but thinking she might hear my messages and get back to me gives me hope and makes the pain go away... but then, she won't ever contact me again, I lost her forever because of the way I handled things, and I'm cursed to live with false hope and depression for the rest of my life?

• I will always love my ex, and he loves me. But it's one of those things where we couldn't handle all the things life through at each of us as a couple. If the love is real and strong then it's just timing that's a bitch lol

• If you love each other truly, I can only hope that the world and its obstacles will let you get together again. Just as I hope the same for my situation. But it is just hope, there's no substance to it. I don't even know if she loves me anymore, and I have no way of finding out. All I have is hope, and it's killing me.

Most Helpful Guy

• trust in ya instict

• If by instinct you mean my feelings, then I would gladly just accept the good memories and stop from trying to distract myself so I don't revisit them. If by instinct you mean my brain, then I have to stop using these memories because it can only lead to never ending pain.