Asking my ex girlfriend to marry me?

Me and my ex broke up about 4 months ago during that time however we have been messaging etc all the time about 7/8 weeks ago we slept together a few weeks before that we did and we done it last night she hasn't went with anyone else and neither have I , the major problem was me not letting go of the past two years ago a went to australia and left and broke up she was willing to wait but I wasn't she moved on to another guy she slept with once and stayed with twice he's in the same social circle as her now and it irritates me as he is a decent looking guy however she swares it was just a rebound it meant nothing and was 2 years ago. we had a rocky relationship but I met her when I was 18 and now I am 26 she is the love of my life no other girl comes close to her she means the world to me she needed this sort of commitment months ago but really I was soul searching to see if I could let all this go and I have I think I cried more the last 2 weeks than I have the last 26 years ! She only ever saw me cry once she never really saw me cry I have let it all go and the soul searching has worked but is it to late? a just want to marry her a always have a just never new it she's my rock and a think she's my soul mate I was with her last night and she is still in love with me but can't jump straight back in she needs time without contact what so ever to decide if a can change or she will move on , I was liking other girls photos and stuff and she had no confidence what so ever was another major reason for break up , I want ask her to marry me a think this is the commitment she needs words are cheap it's been 8 years it really do or die am thinkin 5 weeks with no contact and on Christmas Eve arrange with her work to be in her restraunt and I go in spill my heart out and offer the ring if no then I know it's over for good and walk away and move on rest of my life. She wanted this 6 months ago for years she has wanted his and still loves me, what do u think guys?
She said she couldn't go back into a relationship where she felt worthless and feel second best to other girls agai and doesn't no if she can. Believe me even though she saw a change we talked last night and cried and had sex and she said all this and said she will never get over me and never be able to love anyone like loves me and will always love me I can't let her go without the ultimate gesture then I know in my heart it's not to be and that's it
I am just a bit sceptical because she seems to be getting more and more distant probably cause I have been messaging her and it's been pretty emotional stuff trying to bet her back am thinking if a leave it to long she might do something stupid in her current state of mind it leaves me torn do i do it sooner?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow wish I had a guy like that, that would fight for it. Sad face... But ok give it the time that you agreed and go from there.. Having someone sleep with someone else does sting... But if you can let it go then that's amazing... I just hope your not to late for her to realize where you needed and wanted to be... If she really loves you then shouldn't be a problem

Most Helpful Guy

• Due to the circumstances I would consider not asking her to marry you at her work place and in public. Perhaps something more suitable would be somewhere special to you both and not in front of lots of people. You don't want her to feel pressured into saying yes to you.

Marriage is a choice and not a last resort don't turn the floodworks on and then present her with a ultimatum. You guys have issues and you are no longer together so just remember that when you go to propose. Good luck.

• Thanks for getting back to me she seems adamant aswell she needs the break up but I know she loves me and a think she needs a big commitment and gesture from me to know It will change and I have changed am thinking doing 5 weeks on the no contact rule then arrange to meet her where I first met her outside a workplace we both met 8 years ago it's in her hometown it's getting her there I suppose which will prove difficukt as it's shut down now but a think that would be pretty romantic a think if a keep talking to her saying to her I want her back am going to just push her away so I just said to her there I know she can't be in relationship and if she can't believe in me or the relationship then a can't do anymore and I will let u go and maybe once U start dating the grass will be greener , although it's last thing I wannt I have to let her pursue things way she wants to and let her miss me properly and when I do pop question she will then know in 4/5 weeks time if it's a yes or no