Does the no contact rule male psychology work?

I posted a question before this one. I know you guys told me to let go but this gave me hope. Do you think this can work? Some people said it does but I believe the reason why the couple are broken up matters too. I know he still loves me because he said so. Do you think this will work? Is it possible? He broke up with me because he said we were too different. But yet he still loves me. I'm sorry but I can't just get over this so pls don't say that. But honestly, do you believe the NO CONTACT RULE MALE PSYCHOLOGY can work? I kind of have hope.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• No contact is not a game.. pretty much it is to improve yourself, help move on...
    What happenes is after a while, if the other person still has a small level of interest, they will get curious and reach out to you..
    On the other hand they might not even care..
    Best to move on with life, and by the time he reaches out, if he ever does, hopefully through no contact you are already over him, or have found an upgrade :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so, I've read your previous post and this is what I think of it (and to be clear, I went/am going trough a similar situation).
    There is no REAL answer to your question, nobody knows if you are going to get back together or not. Not you. Not him. And most certainly not us.

However, you ABSOLUTELY need to not contact him for at least a month. Some people believe that this is an opportunity for an ex to get rid of the bad memories and to get through the pain caused by the break up ( also, in response to your previous question, even if he's not showing it, it's not easy for him, believe me. I'm not saying he's hurting "as much" as you are, but it is difficult to let anybody go, so he's not the happiest man alive, trust me).

MOST IMPORTANTLY, and listen to me because nobody told me that and I reeeeeaaaally wish somebody would, you need this time for YOURSELF. And again I am not saying you will get over him in a month, it will probably be the hardest thing you had to do up until now in your life, you will think about him every single day BUT you need to find the good in the bad and the motivation to be a girl every proper guy would like to date. It is only when you found peace in what happened that you can even start thinking about getting him back. Anything you do before, will be driven by emotion and fear - which puts you in a place of weakness. Nobody wants to be with somebody who isn't happy. You need to find something that will give you happiness, even if it's mixed with sadness over loosing love. You have to start focusing on you and not the break up. The sooner you'll do that, the easier it will be (or for now, think that the sooner you start, the faster you could try to get him back).

This is going to be difficult, but you are young, and although now it seems like everything is falling apart, believe me, it's not. You still have the most important thing - you.

xx

• Thank You. And I hope you are doing better than I am. This is just hard to accept, that's all. I feel like all the "I love yous" we're just fake. He said what we had was "true" love. He's just a liar and I hate him so much.

• You are going to be just fine, with or without him.

Also, have you talked since the breakup about the breakup? From what I got, you still don't exactly know why this didn't work out, and I think you really need to figure it out.

People told me not to ask these questions again, and most importantly not too soon, because it will seem like I am clingy and needy so that won't do me much good. And so I didn't. And it is only 6 or 7 months AFTER the breakup that I finally had the courage to ask again, and I really wish I would have done it earlier. You need closure in order to heal. Have a really honest conversation - try to stay as open minded and collected as possible. Prepare your questions, write them on a piece of paper, and if you have to, bring it with you. And just be honest with him. Tell him exactly how you feel, tell him everything you WANT him to know, even if it doesn't change anything. Because, at least, in your head, you will be freed.