How do men react to no contact?

My bf and I just broke up...his idea bc his mom just got cancer and we live 2 hrs apart so just can't give me what I need right now. The part of me that still loves him wants to check up on him and make sure he's ok and she's ok but the prideful woman inside of me says hell to the no as I never contact men after a breakup...if they miss me they will reach out.
I am just wondering what men go through during amicable break ups and if by not checking on him I'm a bitch or by not checking on him is what he needs right now as he is the one who said it's not working right now?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that is totally bullshit reason to break up. Something is up. If he cared about you, you would still be together. I say move on.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Honestly, breakups for me already happen within the relationship slowly and by the time it's official, I've already moved on. Like it's mainly a critical issue burning up for a while and it's finally time to end it and a few days already went by and it was just a matter of me or her saying something.

No contact's best. Just leave him be.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm an "out of sight, out of mind" type of guy. Personally, I don't think I would be too concerned, especially if it was a long distance relationship and my mother had cancer.

0|0
    1|0
  • break up , no contact = past

it's like a off switch I just move on with my current life

0|0
    0|0
  • It just depends on the terms, it's not like he could user the help, really depends on the break

0|0
    0|0
  • i would feel restless

1|0
    0|0
  • We contact another girl

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• That's weird that he would break up with you over that.
    That just goes to show you that when the going gets tough, he just runs away.
    My dad had cancer and he died from it. I didn't have to break up with my significant other over it.
    Everyone deals with stress differently. He's not dealing with it well.
    Think of the rest of your life, and the troubles and turmoils you will naturally face.
    He's showing you now that he needs to run away, can't even keep a relationship.
    You're better off without him. Life is too hard to have someone bail like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • One of those questions I wish I could follow lol

0|0
    0|0
    • Guys suck lol

Recommended myTakes