Should I ask him to delete my nudes?

So I was in a relationship with jock dude last year. And well we always took pictures together and send each other nudes and stuff, and we were very happy together.
Fortunately, things didn't work out (he cheated on me a couple times), and says he never loved me, which, of course, i think its total b. s.
Anyways, I moved forward from that whole thing, and now I have a boyfriend, and I can truly say that we're both very happy :) . And the ex dude occasionally texts me "by mistake" and I ignore him, because I really don't want to talk to him.
But now I'm just really conscious about him still having my pics. I want to ask him if he has deleted my nudes, or if he can delete them. But I also don't want to text him, because then he might think that I want him back or something -.- ...
What do you think I should do? Should I ask him or not? Please help!!!

615

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course you should ask him to. Now, whether or not he does is another story. That's always the risk with sending out nudes. I would imagine since you've broken up, and since he's a jock, all of his friends have probably already seen them.

• Thank you for your response... Im really embarrassed now

What Guys Said 14

• If he has not already deleted them by now, the odds are that he will ignore your request to do that now. Were any of the pictures taken before your 18th birthday? If so, the threat of prosecution for possession of child pornography might persuade him. Otherwise, the only power you have is that you also have nude pictures of him.

This is why you should NEVER do nude photos unless you are okay with your grandmother, younger brother, current boyfriend, and next door neighbor seeing them.

If you think there is any reasonable possibility that your ex will put these pictures online or share them in any other way that your current boyfriend might eventually see them, you can minimize the damage by telling your boyfriend about the pictures now.

Good luck!

• Thanks for th e advice 😳

• That is the risk you take when you let someone take picture or you send pictures nude. Let sleeping dogs lie. If he was that much on an asshole to cheat on you and say he never loved you what makes you think he would just say "ok good idea I will delete your naked pics". Chalk it up as a lesson learned and think twice before sending nudes.

• A lesson well learned now but a bit too late :/ ... thanks for your response

• even if you did ask him to delete them there is no way of verifying that he actually did. at this point just continue ignoring him, don't ask. if you ask him about the nudes then that will give him something over you. if you continue not giving a fuck then none of that pertains to him.

whats done is done, just continue on.

• That's what I always think... but I feel like I won't let it go until he gives me a definite answer... but thank you!!!

• Whether or not you ask, looks like you're already in his "humped this girl" collection that he'll show his buddies.

• Thanks... that's another way to put it... but I think so too -.-

• If he willing to cheat on you, what makes you think he'll honor your request of deleting your nudes.

He might just send them to your current boyfriend to get under your skin :o

Best to just leave it alone.

• Yeah, I think I'll just do that :/ ... thanks for your response

• Don't ask him to delete them.
    Why?
    Because he won't.

• Yes you should ask him to delete the pictures.

• Definetely!!! He has no right keepin em!!

• Thank you! I think i should ask him...

• Yeah you can ask. Doesn't mean he'll do it though

• I would have them deleted. He won't

• Thanks for your response... im really worried now :/

• yep. that's why it is best not to make photos and movies

• Thanks, I definitely learned my lesson

• moral of the story: women date assholes... .

• True -.-

• thank you. your honesty is highly appreciated. let me savor this moment cause such honesty by females is a rare finding... .

• Mmmm, then you definitely hang out with the wrong crowd lol

• obviously you should and must ask him to deleet your nudes right away... right now.

• Thanks for your response!

• He could probably make copies, he will always have those pictures. This is one of the problems with sending nudes.

• I know I regret it so much :/... thanks for your response

• What is guaranty that he will delete your photo if you ask him. He cheated you many time as you said.

• Omg i know!! :/

• It may be possible he may blackmail you if you ask.

• Yeah i think I'll just leave it alone, id rather not sink more in the issue... thanks, I really appreciate it

What Girls Said 6

• It is understandable to be worried or self-conscious about this. By all means, you can ask him to delete whatever you have sent him. I don't think he will think you want him back once he read what you want him to do. If he's respectful (and it doesn't sound like he is), he will delete them. Something tells me that he will keep them, though. That is the risk you take when sending nudes to other people unfortunately.

• Yeah good luck with that one.

When you send nudes you kind of silently accept that your naked body isn't privately yours anymore.

• Yeah realized that afterwards -.-

• you should ask him...

• You can ask him to, doesn't mean he's actually going to delete them though...

• I know but at least it worth a try... thanks for your response

• Yeah & you're welcome :)

• Even if you ask him he won't delete them. That's the thing with sending nudes, the other person will always have them.

• Ugh -.- thanks for your response

• Just hope your ex isn't a d-bag and goes and shows them to your current boyfriend, that's not fun at all.

• dont do that
    he will probably think he has some power on you and will try to manipulate you because of them if you appear even slightly worried about it tbh...
    just let it that way and if he does something about it then you go talk to him but i doubt he will just don't remind him

• Yeah id rather not remind him... thanks for your response