He is coming over to drop off my belongings, what can I say to him?

So long story short. he broke up with me because he wasn't sure I was the one and was unhappy in our relationship for some time before the break up. A month went on with very little contact. I did break and call him and tell him that I missed him tho.

It has been about three weeks since we have spoken. he sent me a text asking how I was doing about two and a half weeks ago. I never responded...

I just remembered that he has a few of my things, not cheap stuff.

i sent him an email to arrange when I can get those things back from him... I also gave him the option of dropping it off at my sisters place.

So if he is coming to my place to drop if off is that considered a good sign? What can I say to him? yes, a small part of me wants him back but am unsure how to go about it...

Any advice on this would help thanks.

He never offered the stuff back to me... I had to ask.

62

Most Helpful Girl

• hey I totally understand what you mean, becausei have been through a similar thing myself to be honest. I wouldn't see this as a sign of reconciliation but maybe a sign of that he wants to be friends and no hard feelings between you both. ad as for saying something dnt be a b***h with him just be civil and friendly towards him, maybe talk about still being friends, and hope that he's ok after everthing although it will be hard to because of memories together ect take it from someone who understands your situation it will hurt...but you have to be strong whilst he's there...an you just never know once he has his head sorted he might realise that he loves you and might want to try again but firsty find your own closure (consider doing what stercor said) then once you have found that you will finally realise wht you really want, breakups are hard and hearts do get broken but there is always someone out there who will just remend it...but if yu don't want think about that yet just remember IF YOU LOVE A BIRD THEN LET IT GO...IF IT COMES BACK TO YOU THEN YOU KNOW ITSA KEEPER! sorry its sooo long but I hope it helps xxxx good luck

What Guys Said 2

• You're not over this relationship. He is.

Retrieving it would be futile. It would be the same story all over again.

Suggestion: set up a boundary. Write him, tell him how you feel. Don't send the letter. Burn it for closure, not out of hate.

Have him leave your belongings at your sister's.

Ted

• him dropping your stuff off is just a sign that he isn't an asshole and keeping your stuff...

it sounds like you don't really know what you want, id figure that out before you try and get him back.

What Girls Said 5

• If he's dropping of your stuff it doesn't sound like he's holding onto the possibility of saving this relationship. Guys are very different from us. Sometimes we do things with the intent of having something else result. (I dropped off my ex's stuff in hopes that he would want me back; didn't work.)

With that said, if you want him back, let him know when he arrives. Don't appear desperate, but tell him how you feel, how much you miss him, and how much you want this to work. Maybe write a letter ahead of time and give it to him when he arrives. Don't hold your breath, but it's worth a try.

• so my boyfriend and I had this same type of thing happen besides, we only went like a day or two without seeing each other, and I offered to bring him his stuff back because I couldn't stand to look at it...

i took it to him.. and we didn't say anything, just handed it to him we stood there.. and suddenly callapsed into each other crying, he had a friend over at the time.. haha but we both apologized and has sex right there..

haha I don't know it was weird and I can't even remember what we were fighting about..

sometimes the less you say the better, I don't know your situation... but I don't know sometimes a touch can say it all..

• Well the same thing happened to me, I gave my x all his stuff back and he gave me all my stuff back. We didn't see each other. I left him his stuff outside my house and he left me my stuff outside my house. And I stopped talking to him. And then he ends up calling me a week later telling me that he misses me and that he still has feelings for me and he wants to keep talking. That's what you should do. If you want him back. And trust me if he loves you and still cares about you he will call you back. And will be willing to work something out.

• Tell him thank you and to Gtfo.

He is done with the relationship, so that means you need to move on, no matter how hard it is. Plus if you look at it from the view that he is being an ass and dropping you like that, than you can to, but don't be mean! Showing kindness to your enemy is the best revenge, it shows him that your alright with what happened and that you can move on and not be stuck on him.

So! Go girl!

• I think the fact that he wanted to bring it back to you instead of dropping it off at your sisters says something. I would bluntly lay it out to him how your feeling but tell him you are not waiting on him to figure out how he's feeling. But I would phrase it in a way that he knows that you see the positive things in him. Then I would leave it alone and see what happens.