Why he's so attached to me?

My guy friend and I knew each other for about a year. I think we're just friends. He flirts here and there, I don't really mind, because he does it to every girl. But lately we talked on the phone like 6/7pm til midnight just having a casual talk, laughing, and no sexually talk. We text every now and then. We call it each other nicknames and everything, a friendly way. But one day he texts me saying, " I miss talking to you" or calling me by my nickname and saying "loves you"

And he said he " needs to talk to me". I don't know lately he been kinda obsessed with me and I don't like him like that. This to most of my guys friends always fall for me always saying I'm so cute, that I ain't like the other girls out there, they always somehow end up liking me more than a friend, When I didn't do anything but talk! So I was just wondering why do they get so attached to me?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Im guessing you're probably good looking. So if you're cool to talk to then I'm sure guys are going to like you. What I'm saying is that guys and girls can be friends but probably never 100% just friends.There is usually attraction on one end or the other. In your case I can tell you that your friend has a huge crush on you. He may say he's just your friend but the reality is he would love to be with you. I'm saying this because I've been in his situation before.It sucks.

As I've gotten older I've become a lot more assertive about how I interact with a girl I like. I never pretend to be just friends nowadays. I straight up let a girl know I want to hang out because I'm interested in her. It works much better for me now.

You should clear the air and talk to him.It might be hard for him but he will feel better sooner than later.

What Guys Said 1

• You're just going to have to distance yourself more. There's not much you can do now to make things not awkward. But you're just going to have to show you're not interested in dating your guy friends. Talk to us about guy's your dating or something that will put us off. Tell us how much you appreciate their friendship, and don't give us any reason to think you may secretly like the guy.

What Girls Said 2

• have you ever considered that you might be leading your guy friends on..without noticing it. Sometimes being friendly and talking to a guy in your mind may be harmless with no type of intention of a relationship but you never know what the guy is thinking, so be careful with how you treat your guy friends..remember they are still guys..

• I've had the same problem before. If you're there for them and you don't give off that "desperate vibe" they usually end up liking you. Guys want to be with someone who is their best friend and who thinks like them, which you have displayed to this guy. I would back off so you don't lead him on anymore, because then he'll get REALLY attached and you don't want that.