How do you reassure your boyfriend you won't cheat on him?

My boyfriend has been hurt before by his ex-girlfriends who cheated on him and I feel like he is keeping his distance so he won't get hurt by me to? Kind of like he is anticipating me cheating on him and hurting him like they did. I'm not like that though at all and would never do that. I've talked to him before and have told him that many times. Any ideas on how to reassure him other than not actually cheating?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well he has good reason to be a little distant. He doesn't want to get hurt again and he is using his only defense to do that by not being as committed and close to you. Just give him time and give him no reason to even think that your cheating. Just be there for him and make sure he knows you love him and wouldn't hurt him no matter what. It's almost like you have to prove yourself and your commitment for him to do likewise. I hope everything works out for you two and remember to just be there for him when he needs you and everything well fall in place. Good Luck

What Guys Said 3

• Reality check- While it's nice that you are there for your man, it would make you appear guilty of something if your trying to work towards correcting an issue which you weren't apart of. I'm saying that it is the fault of his ex for making him feel this way.

If you try to assist in this situation, the most respectable way would be as his girlfriend. Be loving and supportive to everything about him (his family / pets / desires / goals / etc). Just be yourself- a loving, caring, and supportive girlfriend. That's enough for any man.

~ Charming

• I think only time will help in this matter, how long have you been together?

• About 3 months. Not long I know.

• That doesn't matter, even in three months that trust can be built but the point is not to rush it and make seem like your forcing him to trust you, give it time and everything will fall into place

• you wear a chastity belt. lol

What Girls Said 1

• if your guy has a preconception of you cheating, he's got issues that won't be taken down quickly. time will tell. he's not learned to trust a woman to become intimate with him. therefore he expects the worse, cheating. guys can have that feeling for 2 reasons

1. a guys thinks cheating is sex and probably needs a self esteem booster in the bedroom.

2. being supportive and open and trustworthy of his affections is how he will take those barriers down and open his heart to you.