Do guys that are emotionally unavailable ever regret letting a good girl go?

So I dated this guy for 3 and a half months who was emotionally unavailable. He's not like those typical guys that date around with other girls. He's a very sensitive and emotional type of guy but I guess he was previously hurt badly by his ex girlfriend so he wanted to take things slow with me. After we started dating I noticed that he didn't really open up to me but I kept trying my best for the relationship to work.. I'm a very caring person in nature so I'm very affectionate and I like to take care of my man. Anyways in the end it didn't work out for us because he didn't want to commit to me. He thought we lacked common interest cause he liked science, politics, and technology. It's not that we had no common interests at all because we had others despite those 3 Topics. But he had a very particular personality and he was nitpicky as to what qualities that he wanted. He told me he likes me but because we lacked common interest he wasn't sure. But i actually knew that it was because he didn't want to commit in case it doesn't work out and he gets hurt again. Till the end of the relationship, I gave it my 100% because I told him I really like him even if he doesn't want to commit to me. Ever since I wrote that text he never responded back to me~ I'm currently in the process of getting my act together and moving on but it just makes me wonder if he'll ever regret Losing me in the future when he does become emotionally available. Any responses would be appreciated

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually it's often what we regret the most in our lives, but the regret comes later on in life. I have 2 great teachers who have been through that, both of them had a love interest when they were like 17 but they were just too shy to make a move and the girls eventually moved on and married someone else. They are both very sad and regretful about this and often talk about it during class and always tell us that if we want something we have to go for it or regret is all we will find. Now both teachers are about 55 years old, one of them was married 10 years ago and have 2 very young children and the other has left the romantic world to devote his life to teaching, but is still very sad about it and would talk to me about his younger experiences and how he regrets things.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's nice he was honest with you about how he feels. Instead of leading you on like many would have.
    Thank him, wish him well and move along with your search.
    Good luck