She said she'd let me know but never did?

I asked a girl on a date and she said that her friend might have a birthday party on the given day, but she'll let me know. That was three days before the proposed date.

I don't see her at all (we used to be somewhat friends, but we don't share any classes anymore) so the only way she'd be able to let me know is by call or text.

As I waited for her response, I made sure I knew my way around town, so I made sure I knew exactly where to go so that there'd be no mishaps on the date.

Boy, am I feeling really stupid right now.

It's about five hours before the proposed time and I haven't heard a peep from her. I have a feeling she forgot; and if she did, I'm thinking that that's worst than her saying no. It just shows I'm insignificant and that she didn't really care that I asked her out.

I really don't know what to do. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't text her and ask her because, like I said, I don't know what kind of girl forgets when a guy asks them out.

11

What Girls Said 1

• she can't have forgotten instead she has chosen to let you down in a very rude way. If you really like her call her and maybe she'll realise her mistake but it's probably best to just leave it

• I feel awful. I really do. Never in a million years did I expect this. Especially when she went through the trouble of telling me that she'd let me know. So I guess she thinks this will quietly be pushed behind by not replying, eh? Wow, I feel so awful.

I've had things happen to me before with girls turning me down, but never something like this where a girl will tell me she'll let me know and never does. And I bothered to prepare for it too. I feel like crap.

• Is it my fault, though, for taking what she said at face value? Should I have known that what she meant was "no" and that she didn't really mean that she'd get back to me? For some reason, I can't help but think it's my fault for asking her out and not getting what she said and I have only to blame myself for feeling like a fool.

• Nah don't because she said she'll let you know so that could have easily meant just that and its good you asked her..i would a certain boy I like would just ask me out instead of being scared that'll I reject him - which I won't

What Guys Said 1

• She didn't forget, she just chose to turn you down by not replying. Three days prior her friend was not sure if she was going to have a birthday party or not? Highly unlikely. Most people (especially girls) plan parties much more in advance than three days.

• She really should've just left out the "might be" and "but I'll let you know" parts out, because I actually thought that was true.

• Not that I'm expecting her to, but what should I do if she ever does call? Just ignore it? Cause I feel awful right now.

• Ideally she should have just told you she wasn't interested, but most people don't want to hurt the other person's feelings so they try and "soften the blow" which doesn't always work.