Why did ex text me at 2am saying "sorry"?

Broke up about 2 months ago, I'm the one who screwed up and cheated. He kinda sucked and was super mean verbally when we fought, but I ultimately made the relationship ruining.

I've been texting him here and there as of lately, basically telling him the truth about my cheating, how much I love him and how sorry I am. He's been hot and cold, but for the most part very mature every time he responds.

Saw him for the first time a few days ago at a bar, oddly enough after I had texted him saying I needed to talk to him. He never responded, but in the middle of the night he called me several times. I was asleep. Talked Thanksgiving night via texts and all day the next day. I know he still cares, but I hurt him bad and I could never imagine doing that to him again.

Out of no where last night, about 2am he text me saying " sorry"... then a few hours later saying "cool".. Kind of pissed I was asleep. When I text him in the morning, he told me he was sorry for being stupid and immature. I told him he has been very mature lately and in no way stupid... Yet it still gets in my head that he texted me saying that.. Why out of no where? I am tempted to ask him why, but needed opinions first. He has a way of getting inside my head, in a good way, and I need to know how to prepare for his response.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He will never trust you again, it will eventually ruin anything, what you did will never truly heal. Sticks and Stones.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• He's sorry he verbally abused you? But be realistic, you aren't sorry, and you don't love him. If you did, you wouldn't have cheated on him.

"I know he still cares, but I hurt him bad and I could never imagine doing that to him again."

That is where I call bullshit. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Don't drag him into your shit by any means. Let the poor guy go, and my advice to you is; don't get into another relationship unless you go to some kind of intensive therapy or something.

0|0
    0|0
    • 99% of people cheat in some sort, does not require therapy... someone must of burned you bad

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Well honestly I dont have much sympathy for people who are verbally abusive during arguments. They dont seem like very nice people, so I can't really blame it if the other partner started looking for greener pastures. Admittedly, you should at least break up with your boyfriend before dating someone else, I could see why you may not have been faithful. I think you should get closure, make amends and just leave this guy alone. dont get sucked back into the bs

0|0
    0|0
  • was he drunk?

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably thinking of you two and the past so he messaged.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes