My best friend/FWB tried to booty call me?

One of my best friends is a guy that I've known and been close with for almost 9 years. We started hooking up almost a year ago, and we never discussed it so we both knew it was a kind of friends with benefits situation. It was one of those things that just kinda happened whenever we hung out especially when we were drunk.

The thing is, I woke up Sunday morning to a missed call from him at 3 am. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt so I waited to see if he brought it up the next time I saw him. He didn't, so I'm left with no choice but to assume it was a booty call. I never expected us to date or even be exclusive, but to only want to hang out with me when you're trying to get laid is extremely disrespectful to me, especially when it's someone I've considered such a good friend for so long.

I obviously don't plan on continuing the "benefits" to our friendship anymore, but the booty call has me feeling like he doesn't respect me even as a friend and that's incredibly insulting. How do I handle the situation from here regarding the state of our actual friendship?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• You really gonna base everything on your own assumptions and get insulted by your own assumptions? At least simply ask what he wanted, people miss calls all the time for so many reasons, and if its normal for you two or him to get drunk its not far fetched he might drunk call you at 3am too.

Also, I dont get how on earth if he calls you at 3am, IF his aim was a "booty call" is supposed to be offensive, when you have stablished a "FWB" thing, aren't that the whole purpose or point of it?, also why on earth would he/you stop being friends automacially if either of you did that? Like only reason that would make sense, if you two never, ever anymore did anything beside jumping in the hay basically. Like that you two never even talk about anything else or anything at all really.

Anyway, dosent really make much sense.

What Guys Said 8

• With friends with benefits you should be ready for such boity calls. If that bothers yoy, maybe you should not be in one.

• I already mentioned I was planning on ending the "benefits", but he wasn't some random stranger fuck buddy. I was under the impression that in a friends with benefits situation the "friends" part still came first. I don't appreciate my best friend only wanting to hang out with me when he's trying to get laid, that doesn't seem very friendly to me.

• No it does not. He will hang out with you even when he is in no mood to get laid, just as friends. However, definitely he will try to call you when he wants to get some.

I think it is wise that you are ending this with him. You would be happy with this.

• He obviously doesn't respect you all he wants is a friends with benefits no relationship. Should of saw that coming

• address the situation, sometimes that's the best option.

• Your friend needs a hobby.

• I don't understand at all. he called to see if you wanna hook up. so your feeling disrespected?

• By being friends with benefits you were already a booty call. Even just being his friend that's all you were. Men aren't friends with girls they don't want to booty call.

• You're FwBs, but you don't like it when he wants benefits?

What?

• I don't like it when he ONLY wants benefits, considering we've been best friends for years before we'd ever so much as kissed. It's a completely different scenario when we're hanging out already and one thing leads to another. It's different to only want to hang out to get laid

• I agree with @Mega_illuminati