Guys, what does it mean when a guy says he doesn't feel the connection?

is it just a cop out or is it something like they are not getting what they want? or they found someone else?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I have felt that way about several women. I don't tell them, I always tell them specifically what the issue is. Your young and guys just don't know how to man up yet. Your probably going to be dealing with these kind of cop outs for a while. I will say that the last woman I dated I just was at a loss to know why it wasn't working. She was attractive, we had sex on the 2nd date and that was pretty good, she had the same sense of humor as me. But when I really connect with a woman, I just can't wait to see her again. I went to vegas right after that 2nd date and all I could think about is the woman I dated right before her and how I wish I could talk with her about the trip. I just couldn't figure out why I just didn't think about that new woman at all. So basically I told her that. so it does happen.

What Guys Said 21

• when a guy says he doesn't feel the connection, it generally means he wants to like you, wants to get to know you, and he may have tried to do so too... but he thinks now it isn't working out the way he thought it would. In other words, he may think you're not the one. I'm really sorry it may sound really harsh. But I'll really suggest you to spend some time together! be there for each other, help each other, get to know about each other. relationship can be the best thing that can ever happen to someone, but it can be the worst too! we never want to make someone we care for feel not at home... at peace, it doesn't really hurt being the one who loves just a tiny little more? All the best for you two! 😊

• when he broke up with me he was already talking to another girl and refused to fix it

• I imagine that there's been changes in the enviroment. Instead of answering your question, I'll give you my opinion.
    Boys or girls, if the relationship starts and ends solely based on having fun and feelings, it'll always guarantee an end. Why? Solely because the foundation of the relationship is not on the two as one, but the feeling at the moment (heat of the moment). And as you know feelings change based on enviroment. Relationships like those constantly require the exact same stimulation for that particular feeling to be evoked and maintained.
    So what does that mean? Message me privately to find out more : )

• I think it is the same as when a girl goes on a date and then immediately after the first date says 'there was not that spark'.
    I can see that sometimes there is an immediate animal attraction , but this is not always an indication of a lasting relationship. That spark can come later. I think these days people are impatient and too quick to write people off.

• Under 18 it is a plain quitter line. I don't know if he is even clear about relationships... in the serious way.

• Hi Anonymous: Sometimes guys don't feel a connection just because they always have their guard-up. You may need to catch them while they have their guard-down. You may need to set the scene first. When this step is in play you can then take the initiative and make your move. The rest is up to you now... Hope this helps.

• I think it is exactly what it sounds like. If a guy is going to lie, this wouldn't be it. Not usually at least.

• Despite the notion a girl just needs a pulse, it actually takes more. He isn't getting along with you like he wants and looks for a better match. Girls don't experience rejection as much as guys so you're just not used to it

• Depends on the guy. Most mean what they say, some will lie, but it's best not to worry about what he meant in this case. Whether he's covering something up or telling the truth, he doesn't seem to want a relationship

• it can be many things but mostly its just a simple "you are not open enough with me" type of dialogue.

• All of the above. If he's a teen too he probably doesn't even know what he wants, you were just a crash test dummy in the pursuit to figure that out.

• He doesn't want a relationship with you. He is trying to break up with you. Find someone new that does feel a connection to you. You'll be happier.

• I'm saying he already did

• but we broke up I'm not in a relationship with him..

• Obviously I am talking about getting stuck in memories of that relationship. Don't let this get to you.
      My personal advice, get up in your life and learn to judge people before getting close in any relationship. And most important, let go of things and memories which which drag you, for example this question

• He means what he said.

• None of the above and all of the above.

• It depends what connection he is talking about? Need more info.

• like he said the realtionship felt different

• He either means something is missing out of the relationship or the chemistry between you two has been lost where he no longer feels comfortable with you romantically involved.

• Maybe it means feeling good just being around you. Maybe he feels he doesn't know you or you know him.

• No spark in the relationship.

• He simply doesn't like the girl

• he said that with breaking up..

• I don't know if u know this but I can't just ask because people lie. if only people where more honest I could "just ask" but he has lied about so many things people who lie refuse to give the truth

• I agree, maybe you should stop talking to him for awhile? just to make him feel your empty place?

• It means there's no connection. You either click with someone or you don't.

• can't speak for all, but if I don't see a relationship lasting the long run, I usually back out in a similar way. I'd rather not mislead or lead her on.

• he means he feels no dam connection

• It honestly depends on the guys intentions, it could mean that he was trying to use you for something but couldn't get so he is going to try and use someone else, it could mean they they honestly don't feel a connection and they're trying to keep you from getting to attached so it can avoid a lot of fighting and bad blood, or they are just being a dick about something.