Is no contact a good idea after a breakup?

Will he miss me? I feel like I need the time to heal as I want to get back together and am not ready to start a "friendship"

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be concerned about whether he is going to miss you or not because he's your ex now.. what he does should be irrelevant to you. I remember after my breakup, I would try using those no contact strategies just to see if my ex would come back but I realized how stupid it was. If it's over, it's over. You have to accept that before you move on. Moving on is a long process, but a great way to start is to STOP talking to him and cut him out of your life. My ex occasionally talked to me after the breakup, but that was stupid and a dumb attempt to being friends. Honestly being friends right after a breakup is impossible. Let the past be the past and move on with your life. Life is too short to be sad over someone who let you go. If they let you go before, they could always let you go again!! So use no contact for YOU, not to get your ex to miss you. Chances are he's living his life and enjoying it, so you should too.

What Guys Said 1

• I always tell a girl when it's over it's over don't call or text me cause I won't
    Point is to move forward not back

What Girls Said 1