Why won't my ex boyfriend just tell me to leave him alone or just block me?

Back in May of 2014, I met a guy online. even though we were different (he's country I'm City) we still grew interest in each other. we started dating and it was great. the only problem was that he worked 3rd shift while I worked 1st shift and we lived 40 minutes away from each other. we ended up breaking up after 3 months of dating because we barely saw each other. we were both heartbroken.

recently I kept seeing old photos of him and I on Facebook and started thinking about him. I messaged him 5 days asking how he was doing. we talked about how he got a 1st shift job and loves it. I told him how I lived in 3 different towns and when he asked if I had roommates, I had to tell him that I was living with a fiance before he cheated on me two months before the wedding. we talked for a while and went to bed.

I started really missing him and the next day told him that I felt horrible on how things ended between us and I wished that we could've worked it out. I even asked if in the future we could meet somewhere and talk... no response. I finally tried to add him on Facebook and message him today, but now it shows on Facebook that I can't request him even though I can see his profile.

I just want to know why doesn't he just tell me to leave him alone or just block me. I completely understand and would actually prefer him telling me instead of no response. I contacted him through messenger, so it shows that he saw my messages but he never responds.

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe he's trying to avoid hurting you.

• I understand but I'd rather hear the truth than just waiting for a response. personally if he's moved on I'll be happy for him even though I'd be sad since we both didn't want to end it but it was the right thing to do at the time

• good idea. thank you for your help

• my pleasure.

What Guys Said 5

• Why do you care? He's an ex. Stop being pathetic

• He probably wants nothing to do with you anymore. Perhaps due to the way you two ended your relationship?

• You should stop messaging him then.

• he wants ex with benefits

• maybe he's just thinking. i know how you feel. try telling him that youd rather he told you instead of ignoring you.

• I'll give him a few days and if he doesn't say anything I'll ask him. I'd rather hear the ugly truth than not knowing.

• yea i totally get it

• I gave him time. but still no response. I gave up and moved on.

What Girls Said 2

• I would let that one go, he obviously doesn't want to talk

• ladies don't chase